Home

Tomba's Fifa Custom Tactics

This is a discussion on Tomba's Fifa Custom Tactics within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Tomba's Fifa Custom Tactics

With Fifa 11 nearing round the corner this September on the 28th, I rev'd up Fifa 10 and tried to see if I could make a standard custom tactic that would play off team players ratings. Meaning let the team attributes do the accuracy and skill and let the custom tactics set the general flow of most soccer games.

Build Up Play
Speed - 1
Passing - 100
Positioning - Free form
Chance Creation
Passing - 100
Crossing - 50
Shooting - 100
Positioning - Free form
Defense
Pressure - 1
Aggression - 1
Team Width - 1
Defender Line - Offside Trap

Try it out!

Tomba

http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba/blog/10198-tombas-fifa-custom-tactics/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tomba's Fifa Custom Tactics

Interesting Tomba. I've been messing with these values for FIFA 10 as well. But could you help me out?

What is the difference between Organized Positioning and Free Form Positioning?

And why did you set the Defender Line to Offside Trap for all teams? How does it differ from Cover? Some teams don't use the offsides trap. This is also an option in team styles. Which one superceeds the other? the custom tactics defender line offsides trap or the On / Off offsides trap in team styles?

I play 45 minute matches so maybe making Speed = 1 (the lowest value) could help in my matches. From your setup, if you are trying to let the team attributes do the accuracy and skill and let the custom tactics set the general flow, then perhaps free flow positioning is more compadible with various team style settings than if that is set to organized?
Old 09-14-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgamer0005
Interesting Tomba. I've been messing with these values for FIFA 10 as well. But could you help me out?

What is the difference between Organized Positioning and Free Form Positioning?

And why did you set the Defender Line to Offside Trap for all teams? How does it differ from Cover? Some teams don't use the offsides trap. This is also an option in team styles. Which one superceeds the other? the custom tactics defender line offsides trap or the On / Off offsides trap in team styles?

I play 45 minute matches so maybe making Speed = 1 (the lowest value) could help in my matches. From your setup, if you are trying to let the team attributes do the accuracy and skill and let the custom tactics set the general flow, then perhaps free flow positioning is more compadible with various team style settings than if that is set to organized?

This I believe is the best "basic" tactics each teams "look" to play with. Meaning no video game can actually represent what we see in a tv match etc so what i set up is a pattern that displays a regular game flow in general

The offside trap goes with the "team width" rating and plays off of that
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
This I believe is the best "basic" tactics each teams "look" to play with. Meaning no video game can actually represent what we see in a tv match etc so what i set up is a pattern that displays a regular game flow in general
Tomba, first of all, thank you very much for sharing these "basic" tactics with us. I play the PC version and I edit these through CM10 or DBM10.

Do you use these tactics for every team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
The offside trap goes with the "team width" rating and plays off of that
I don't understand what you mean by this. Isn't team width how close or far to the sidelines defenders play? If I assign all teams defender line - offsides trap, what if i turn off "offsides trap" in team styles. Which one will take precedence in-game?

I am going to try using some of your tactics for two of my created national teams. I will play a game and see what these values do.

I will try these values for both my team and the CPU team I am playing against:

Speed - 1
Passing - 100
Positioning - Free form

Then I will use these defense values for both my team and CPU team :

Pressure - 1
Aggression - 1
Team Width - 1

I will assign the team I am playing as Defender Line - Cover, but I will assign the team I am playing against Defender Line - Offside Trap.

Hopefully this results in players making less runs and don't get as tired early in the match. We will see. I will share my results. Please answer my questions above. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't really see how these tactics would be good. First reason is because obviously every team is gonna play in the same style to start off the game if you use this tactics setup. Second, because the CPU changes tactics according to how the game is playing out thus negating any original change to the CPU tactics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I don't really see how these tactics would be good. First reason is because obviously every team is gonna play in the same style to start off the game if you use this tactics setup. Second, because the CPU changes tactics according to how the game is playing out thus negating any original change to the CPU tactics.
Exactly, that's why i didn't change chance creation, and was wary of changing defender line to offsides trap. I have been lowering build up play "Speed" myself. I currently had it at 10 for some teams. I'll try 1. It's nice to know that these things have been tested.

It's quite possible that individual team styles supercede some of these values anyway. it could change the mentality of the players. i'd like for Tomba to share any observations he's witnessed in regards to how these settings relate to team styles. Tomba, are you changing these values in CM10 for the PC version of FIFA 10?

I am going to start a game with some of his buildup and defense values. i could always change it back. i'll let you know if i see improvement. the game by default is too fast, so lowering some of these values to 1 does peak my interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »