Home

First FIFA 11 Review

This is a discussion on First FIFA 11 Review within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #25
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: First FIFA 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXboxur
I grew up a baseball fan and became a diehard NFL fan, but as I got older and watched more international soccer, I began to move away from American sports (except NFL) and love the game of soccer. What's funny to me is that the people who complain about soccer being boring are the same people who watch baseball with its "incredible" shutouts and "amazing" perfect games. These are the same people who also complain about diving in soccer, yet watch the NBA with its floppers all about. These are the same people who complain about low scores or defensive battles in soccer, yet will sit through (and enjoy) watching the NFL where defensive battles abound every weekend and scores are sometimes 10-9 or 13-7 (the equivalent of a 1-0 or 2-1 game in soccer)... oh yeah, and let's not forget those kickers who tumble to the ground when they are breathed on. These are the same people who watch PGA golf for crying out loud!

How can a sport that captivates the world's attention be considered boring? The passion, the pageantry, the support is second to no sport in the world. The only thing that comes close is college football. I say all this as a diehard Chicago Bears fan, a cynical Cubs fan, a hopeful Bulls fan, and enthusiastic Blackhawks fan.

P.S. Soccer is the quickest sport to watch, typically ending in less than 2hrs.
Another good reason to watch soccer, limited commericals!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: First FIFA 11 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltBhoy33
The mls is great though IMO the supporters are great the Tifo displays have been up there with many of Europe supporters tifo in recent years. I don't think the mls is mediocre mate. I really enjoy going to toyota park every home game for the fire and that's a four hour drive I sit in section 8 now I don't follow the fire like I do Celtic but it's a very fun place to be. Crew stadium is actually closer to me being a three hour drive and I've been to a couple games up there and it is very exciting none the less. The mls also is still in a building stage footie has been in Europe over 100 years mls has been around for 16 years.
I apologize if I'm being too harsh on MLS. Even though I don't watch it, there are tons of people who enjoy it and I'm happy we have a successful league here at home. It's not as bad as I make it sound. It is a good league. The attendance is excellent, the tifo displays can be very impressive like you said, the games can be exciting, and there are some world-class players in it (still hard to believe Henry is here).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »