Home

New to football

This is a discussion on New to football within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #9
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: New to football

Quote:
Originally Posted by twthomas
Thats like saying that Adrian Petersen gets the majority of Minnesotas points so why not have him snap the ball to himself, hand it off to himself, and run it himself unless or course he decides to throw it to himself...
No.

Quote:
I agree Messi scores alot but unless you live in an alternate dimension he does not
continually take the ball from midfield all the way to the goal all by himself.
You're jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by reo; 09-24-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Fixed.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #10
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kfanatic
Exactly what I'm trying to say, so how do I do it? At a professional difficulty setting I have not scored yet haha becauseI can't get a clear shot since the cpu defense is very tight.

I am really considering fifa this year and I am NOT a soccer/football fan, can you guys describe the my career mode and how fun is it to be a player/manager?
Well, you have to watch, read, and learn the game. No other way . . .
Old 09-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

2kfanatic,

Ignore the other poster, you'll run into plenty on here like that. Some form of Elite-ism I suppose. I really like the wau he says I am jumping to conclusions right after you claim I am dead on. LOL!

I know what you're asking for and its pretty broad. All I can say is get the game, watch some soccer and maybe check out a couple of books on simple soccer tactics from the library.

What you're asking is like someone asking you to explain how to play basketball. Sure, you thrown the ball through the hoop and score! Then they ask for you to explain bench rotation and how to create movement on the floor and it would take you hours to explain.

Just think about this. Passing directly to a player will nearly always cause failure. Don't concentrate on moving toward the goal, move toward open space, pass into open space.
Open space is like a passing lane in football or basketball. You'll see it form. Pass to where a player can get to using the through-pass instead of passing to a player most of the time.

A great way to score is to get the ball outside and cross it. That means passing the ball either high or low across the area in front of the goal which will hopefully send defenders and the goalie tracking it, the idea is to then head, kick, or otherwise re-direct the ball during its travel.

Start there and remember that scoring is great but keeping a lead is vital. So playing some serious defense it very important. Watching for that space I talked about earlier is important in defending. If you don't worry about the ball carrier so much but rather watch for his passing lane and lay off in wait, you can intercept the passes more effectively.

Think about Kobe or Lebron. They make people look like fools if they stray too close. Same thing applies in Soccer. The defender knows where he is going and aggressive pursuit will often leave you looking like a fence post.

Lastly, if you have never tried the Be a Pro mode in FIFA, you are in for a great treat. It is the most rewarding mode in any game I have played. You really get a feel for being one man on a team and its awesome to get moved up from the lower leagues. Trust me you will love that mode. Also the online play with your own guy along with several friends is incrediably rewarding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 06:01 PM   #12
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

Quote:
Ignore the other poster, you'll run into plenty on here like that. Some form of Elite-ism I suppose. I really like the wau he says I am jumping to conclusions right after you claim I am dead on. LOL!
Wow. You were replying to me, not him. WTH? You need to relax. By the way, do you mean an elitist? That's how you're acting right now.

Quote:
I think the OP is asking to learn the game of soccer and how to play a more realistic style.

He might enjoy some thoughts on passing into space, and how to cross and when...
This is fine. I replied as well in my last post.

Last edited by reo; 09-24-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
Rookie

twthomas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reo
Wow. You were replying to me, not him. WTH? You need to relax. By the way, do you mean an elitist? That's how you're acting right now.

This is fine. I replied as well in my last post.
Didn't mean you reo, meant the other guy, just got my posts a little jacked up. You have been helpful and I thought it was the other guy who posted the jumping to conclusions thing. Anyway, didn't mean you, you have offered some sound advise.

In fact, just scrolled down, there appears to be a post missing. Didn't know pepole could delete posts.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
2kfanatic,

I know what you're asking for and its pretty broad. All I can say is get the game, watch some soccer and maybe check out a couple of books on simple soccer tactics from the library.

What you're asking is like someone asking you to explain how to play basketball. Sure, you thrown the ball through the hoop and score! Then they ask for you to explain bench rotation and how to create movement on the floor and it would take you hours to explain.

Just think about this. Passing directly to a player will nearly always cause failure. Don't concentrate on moving toward the goal, move toward open space, pass into open space.
Open space is like a passing lane in football or basketball. You'll see it form. Pass to where a player can get to using the through-pass instead of passing to a player most of the time.

A great way to score is to get the ball outside and cross it. That means passing the ball either high or low across the area in front of the goal which will hopefully send defenders and the goalie tracking it, the idea is to then head, kick, or otherwise re-direct the ball during its travel.

Start there and remember that scoring is great but keeping a lead is vital. So playing some serious defense it very important. Watching for that space I talked about earlier is important in defending. If you don't worry about the ball carrier so much but rather watch for his passing lane and lay off in wait, you can intercept the passes more effectively.

Think about Kobe or Lebron. They make people look like fools if they stray too close. Same thing applies in Soccer. The defender knows where he is going and aggressive pursuit will often leave you looking like a fence post.

Lastly, if you have never tried the Be a Pro mode in FIFA, you are in for a great treat. It is the most rewarding mode in any game I have played. You really get a feel for being one man on a team and its awesome to get moved up from the lower leagues. Trust me you will love that mode. Also the online play with your own guy along with several friends is incrediably rewarding.
Wow thank you so much, I think I am going to buy this game. Scoring here is indeed hard but very very rewarding. And may I ask you guys why is the cover boy on the bench? Haha!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »