Home

Manager Mode Improvements?

This is a discussion on Manager Mode Improvements? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 11:46 AM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Manager Mode Improvements?

How is the board approval this year? Are there crazy expectations like last year?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
How is the board approval this year? Are there crazy expectations like last year?
Not bad. I Haven't really settled on one yet just been checking it out but I started one with Roma and I believe the only thing they wanted was to finish 2nd so it seems better.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Not bad. I Haven't really settled on one yet just been checking it out but I started one with Roma and I believe the only thing they wanted was to finish 2nd so it seems better.
Oh OK. I wonder how they are in terms of the weekly meter. Last year you'd lose one match and that thing would drop like crazy then you'd go out and beat someone like Inter and it would only go up a few.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #12
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I thought the expectations were very realistic last year at higher levels. You could always tone down the board difficulty if you wanted to start out as a half-star prestige manager at a big club. But an unproven manager at a huge club would absolutely get fired (actually not even hired in the first place) if they didn't come flying out of the gates.

That being said. I am loving what I'm hearing so far about the mode this year. What we were given last year was unacceptable in terms of a long-term manager experience (which is what I get the most enjoyment out of). They could have released the same game as last year with a new manager mode and slapped FIFA 11 on it and I would have been happy. Sounds like that's not the case, and I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I don't do demos, so I'm already picking games off my rack to trade in tomorrow so I can dive in ASAP.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Oh OK. I wonder how they are in terms of the weekly meter. Last year you'd lose one match and that thing would drop like crazy then you'd go out and beat someone like Inter and it would only go up a few.
Playing with Celtic and when I loss a match it would go down a lot but in reality that is realistic. If you lose more than three matches in a row at Celtic park now days your sacked, supporters yell sack the bucket of ****e if we lose one match. So IMO it is pretty realistic to see it go down a lot.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltBhoy33
Playing with Celtic and when I loss a match it would go down a lot but in reality that is realistic. If you lose more than three matches in a row at Celtic park now days your sacked, supporters yell sack the bucket of ****e if we lose one match. So IMO it is pretty realistic to see it go down a lot.
So when you start out as a nobody manager you can pick any team? They need to have it like Choops 2k8 where you had the option to open all the teams us or have you start at a crappy team.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
So when you start out as a nobody manager you can pick any team? They need to have it like Choops 2k8 where you had the option to open all the teams us or have you start at a crappy team.
You can pick any team you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I really didn't notice. Will see if I can check tonight.

Just not sure who I want to actually start one with

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »