Home

***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #33
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: ***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)***

You know, FIFA is actually one of the few franchisees that I can't rely on a demo to make a decision. They always give you so little time that you can never get a good grip on how the full game is going to play out. By reading the impressions of the guys that already have it, it seems like its the same thing as last year when I got the game early. A lot of the things you guys are mentioning do not seem to be present in the demo - at least not in full force - so its good to hear the mostly positive impressions.

I'm happy, its a purchase once again.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #34
Rookie

j_tinkler21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Check to see if your Gamestop is doing a midnight release for some other game. Mine is but I can't remember what the game is.
Mine is doing a midnight release for Dead Rising 2, but they told my friend and I that FIFA will be available at midnight as well.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

received a text from Gamestop and they are doing a midnight release for Dead Rising 2 so I can pick up my FIFA at midnight!

VERY important question from a dedicated American soccer fan: Is the MLS league structure correct in MM? They have NEVER had it right and I was wondering if it was fixed this season? The schedule is so easy because each team plays eachother twice. The playoff system is ok with me as it is, but having to play something like 42 regular season matches is ridiculous.

Please add me for good sim matches too on Xbox: Rhody Rockstar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #36
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Speaking of different playing styles, are you guys noticing different teams play noticeably different?

How about lower leagues of England? All tactics set to the same as they were last year?

Last year you could in very small ways tell different teams apart, but they mostly still all just pressed and played very offensively. Please tell me there is a more noticeable difference.
Just in my various exhibition games I played I would say games play differently. For example, I played an Inter vs. Roma game and it felt very much like a Serie A game to me. It was defensive and just a scrappy game IMO. Then I played Chelsea vs. Man City and it seemed to be a more open game to me. As for the teams themselves playing different styles I will have to really check.

Not sure about lower league teams yet but will try them out. Also, it seemed at times not everyone was playing a high defensive line but that could just be me
Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #37
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Does the CPU play possession football at all or sit in your zone and try to build an attack (if it makes sense for them to do it), or is it a race to the goal at all costs?

Do non forward/striker CPU players provide danger, or is everything just routed to these players as quickly as possible?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:28 AM   #38
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Does the CPU play possession football at all or sit in your zone and try to build an attack (if it makes sense for them to do it), or is it a race to the goal at all costs?

Do non forward/striker CPU players provide danger, or is everything just routed to these players as quickly as possible?
Will double check for you.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster

I've seen quite a few back passes, and possession being played by the CPU.

when I played against Chelsea, Ashley Cole pushed up NUMEROUS times.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #40
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Is the summer transfer update applied on the full release?

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »