Home

***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)***

This is a discussion on ***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)*** within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)***

Per request, here's a thread to open the conversation up. Surely other people have the game early. Apologies to the mods if this is a bother.

Anyway, my quick snippet (from the demo thread).

I can confirm that the absolute best combination of simulation football for this game is

1. Dynamic cam, zoomed out, height all the way down.

2. World Class.

3. All manual.

4. Holding R1+R2 (PES supercancel)

Dynamic cam makes the player models stand out to the max, incredible detail, and I've seen little animations that I have missed from Broadcast and Tele cams. You're more into the action, and the velocity of passes and shots are truly remarkable. FIFA finally got the physics of the ball right in 11.

Gameplay settings was tough to find. But World Class all manual is very nice, and in my opinion can only work with Dynamic cam because of angles issue as I had mentioned in my previous post. But the reason for WC is that the CPU does not play like a god, they make plenty of mistakes and while it's slightly easier to tackle them, it's realistic. Not like where LEgendary ALL players have incredible agility with the ball, not even giving the best defender to a chance.

I'll post a video here in a bit just for fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
re: ***Official FIFA 11 Full Game Impressions (PS3/360)***

This game is just awesome. Yeah, there are still too many tackles, but what are you gonna do. Just feels like real football. Keep possesion, make an attack, if you make a successful run, your home fans clap even if you don't score. Physics are great, guys like Drogba play like Drogba, it's truly an awesome game. Played a game with an MLS team, they feel like the MLS, then you move to the EPL, and the players are a lot better.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm1058123
This game is just awesome. Yeah, there are still too many tackles, but what are you gonna do. Just feels like real football. Keep possesion, make an attack, if you make a successful run, your home fans clap even if you don't score. Physics are great, guys like Drogba play like Drogba, it's truly an awesome game. Played a game with an MLS team, they feel like the MLS, then you move to the EPL, and the players are a lot better.
I agree. The personality + stands out in the full game more than the demo. The overall play feels physical but I like it. GK's seem smarter and i havent got a cheap chip goal yet. I haven't even dipped into career mode as I have been messing with the custom sounds feature.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm not a soccer guru but this game is fun as hell. Graphically on the 360 its one of the best looking games I've played. The player movement is superb. Fellows add me GT is FlightWhite39 I need a few pointers if you have time
Old 09-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Definitely was wondering if you guys have been able to attempt cheap chip shots or if you've tested the GK logic. Hopefully they don't fly off their line this year.

If you guys have a chance to dip into career mode, I'd love to know if teams rotate their squads in a smart way. Last year, squads would rotate, but players would start in odd positions. Such as CB's starting at LB when a more capable LB could start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Definitely was wondering if you guys have been able to attempt cheap chip shots or if you've tested the GK logic. Hopefully they don't fly off their line this year.

If you guys have a chance to dip into career mode, I'd love to know if teams rotate their squads in a smart way. Last year, squads would rotate, but players would start in odd positions. Such as CB's starting at LB when a more capable LB could start.
That was so frustrating. Beckham at CB??? LOL. I will start my Career Mode tonight and check if they fixed it
Old 09-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan

Chips shots are great, very tough to pull off, then again I'm all manual. However, I just recently got scored on that way - first I've seen in 40+ games.

Career mode, no issues with rotation, like I said in an earlier thread, the team management is solid so far. The only thing I hope I see soon are retirements. My Wolves team (simmed 5 years) has Marcus Hahnmean still in it at 44-years of age.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
Don't Trust Influencers

ChubbyBanana's Arena

OVR: 46

Stickied This. Gonna change the thread title a bit but shouldn't be confusing.

Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »