Home

Fifa 11 Scouting and Career Mode

This is a discussion on Fifa 11 Scouting and Career Mode within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Fifa 11 Scouting and Career Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
Awesome, thanks for the response

Yikes this seems awfully high - but I guess if this guy is the exception and not the rule I don't have a problem with that.
It is only one player, it's not outrageous to assume that Chelsea could buy a young prodigy like this I.Traore player. Looks like one hell of a scorer. Not fast but has balance, strength, finishing, heading acc, and shot power ratings in the 80's. Pretty big guy too at 6'2" 200lbs.

The next highest rated 17 year olds are both rated 70, one plays for Inter, the other for Boca Jr's. The only other young player rated above 70 is an 18 year old Peruvian striker who is a 73.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:08 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am starting a career mode with Wycombe Wanderers (1 star, League 2). Without ANY control over young players, I'm wondering if it's even possible to get them to the top of the Premier League in 15 years. I can't improve my scouting so if there is an occasional young player coming in from the youth team, it's likely not going to be someone that will immediately make my squad better.

I'm starting off by buying some free agents but none of them are over 59 overall. I might do some simulating myself since I really have no clue how to start improving my team. With 600,000 pounds and 5,000 in wages left, I can't really go out on a spending spree.

Oh well, I like a challenge. I just hope I don't run into a wall down the road and can't improve any more.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #19
Rookie

LegitMurc's Arena

OVR: 1

I figured that the newly generated players would have just been placed in the Free Agents.

EPL - Chelsea
La Liga - Barcelona
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich
Serie A - AC Milan
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
NBA - Indiana Pacers
College Football - The U
College Basketball - IU Hoosiers
Old 10-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
It is only one player, it's not outrageous to assume that Chelsea could buy a young prodigy like this I.Traore player. Looks like one hell of a scorer. Not fast but has balance, strength, finishing, heading acc, and shot power ratings in the 80's. Pretty big guy too at 6'2" 200lbs.

The next highest rated 17 year olds are both rated 70, one plays for Inter, the other for Boca Jr's. The only other young player rated above 70 is an 18 year old Peruvian striker who is a 73.
That guy's the regen for Drogba. The way the game works is that any time a player retires he's replaced on the squad he was on with a youth version. Hence that guy will max out as whatever Drogba's max rating was on the game (probably 88). It's the way the game stays balanced 15 years down the road.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #21
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
bad_philan...

That's weird because in FIFA 10 players noticeably declined once they got older. They had a big "to-do" about the new graphs and progression.
Yeah, they did, and it's just another reason that I'm thinking FIFA 10 had a better manager mode than FIFA 11, and they would've been better off just fixing the bugs. There really isn't anything "improved" in FIFA 11....they give you a calendar, but it's not like you schedule practices (such as NBA 2k series) or anything. You're still advancing week-to-week, more or less.

When I first picked up FIFA 11, I was excited because there is a great deal more polish in the visuals, menus, and animations. But I really think that FIFA 10 was a more complete game, and the transfer/scouting market was much deeper and more realistic in FIFA 10. I'm going to have to trade in either FIFA 11 or PES 11, but I'll need a week to figure out which one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #22

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
the transfer/scouting market was much deeper and more realistic in FIFA 10.
It was definitely not more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »