Home

FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion

If it wasn't so frickin easy to tackle on World Class, I'd be playing that difficulty for sure.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
JD i needed this post man so thank you. It's been tough to find tips. I know I definitely need to work the man off the ball, the problem that arises is that while I'm controlling the guy off the ball, another run opens up, and then I switch to the other defender.

By the time I've switched, lol, it's like answering 20 phones with only two ears. Chaos.

Any other tips?
Matt10,

I have been trying a few different strategies now to slow the CPU down in attack on legendary. If I see a guy making a run for it I trust my judgement rather than the AI's and usually switch to the a defender that can mark the runner off the ball if I see an attack building up and then use B (xbox) or O (PS3 I think) for the AI defender on my team to pressure the runner with the ball. If he tries to pass to the off the ball runner I have a player right there to defend or better yet get the interception pass and can clear/start an attack.

It kind of takes some getting used to but best bet is NOT to use A when they are running hard/straight for you, unless you can make the sure tackle otherwise guys will just throw you off or skill move to get past you. I usually back off my last line of defense against the attackers and sort of read the attack against the run of play. So in short, B/O helps a ton and is one of the best tools in helping tackle on legendary skill level, you need to master this.

I played Chelsea last night and ended in a 0 - 0 draw. It's crazy how hard I have to concentrate in stopping a team like that. Played Bolton next and won 2 - 1. The level of difficult in attack and getting the ball from lesser players is much easier. It can just be super difficult to tackle highly rated players like Drogba, Lampard, Tevez etc. Once you get tackling them down other teams and players become so much easier to get the ball from. Hope this little tip helps, good luck and happy to help.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #35
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
If it wasn't so frickin easy to tackle on World Class, I'd be playing that difficulty for sure.
I agree. It is a little harder on World class but still not hard enough and I won't touch legendary
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #36
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I have the opposite problem, I can score but I can't pass or link together an offensive push an all-manual.

I had to put passing, throw-balls, lobbed passes, etc., on assisted or semi. I have the yips I guess because on all-manual the goes 180 from the direction I intended.
I put passing on semi because of this. I have everything else on manual right now.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Thanks JD - and now I'm stuck between World Class and Legendary. It's been a crappy fifa day, not to mention bad day in general having my car stolen, ugh.

Anyway - playing World Class now, because seriously Legendary is ridiculous. It's so frustrating how easy the CPU can attack, and make perfectly placed passes every single time. On top of that the random clearances go right to the player's feet. This happens on WC too.

Good lord, Semi-pro maybe?

Btw, JD - I am working hard to pay attention to the runners, it's just tough because when I control someone they feel very "loose", almost like no matter what there is a chance this guy will slip by if I don't jockey. Then if I do jockey, the guy speeds on by.

Practice, ugh./
Old 10-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #38
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Thanks JD - and now I'm stuck between World Class and Legendary. It's been a crappy fifa day, not to mention bad day in general having my car stolen, ugh.

Anyway - playing World Class now, because seriously Legendary is ridiculous. It's so frustrating how easy the CPU can attack, and make perfectly placed passes every single time. On top of that the random clearances go right to the player's feet. This happens on WC too.

Good lord, Semi-pro maybe?

Btw, JD - I am working hard to pay attention to the runners, it's just tough because when I control someone they feel very "loose", almost like no matter what there is a chance this guy will slip by if I don't jockey. Then if I do jockey, the guy speeds on by.

Practice, ugh./
I was playing on Pro but went to World Class because of how easy it is to win the ball. It is a little harder on World class but you can still do it especially if you call a 2nd defender. I may go back to Pro and just not try to press etc. but we'll see. I can't score on WC at the moment
Old 10-08-2010, 12:21 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 9

@Matt10,

Practice is the key, Legendary can be crazy at times specially when your playing the upper tier teams. No mistake can be made on legendary, I play 15 min and trying to stop Chelsea from scoring using Man Utd was nuts, I held em off for 30 min (my first clean sheet of the season) and that's hard enough. I couldn't imagine playing with a lesser team against them, so maybe WC would work then, but right now I am super happy on legendary. Last two games. 6 - 3 thriller with villa..ha and a 5 - 0 demolition to poor Blackpool.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Thanks guys, I'll play around today if I get more chances. JD you should find a way to post a video man, would be a savior.

I did have a question though.

So the successful goal of defending is going to the player off the ball at all times? Then just making sure to team press whoever is around them - I imagine you don't hold the trigger too long correct?

I will definitely practice more, WC plays a good game, and with team press it definitely seems good. I have been studying the CPU defense on Legendary and WC, the difference is when I control the player near the ball, if I don't jockey - they "overcomit" completely - however the CPU never does this.

I think as a former PES player the physics of FIFA are realistic, thus giving me a challenge to the as opposed of the clunky player model physics of PES.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »