Home

FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #41
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA 11 'Settings' discussion

The thing that is frustrating is no matter who you play the defense is just too tight with no room to move or make plays. Every game is feeling the same whether I play a good or weak team. It seems every team has a world class defense which is not right. I do hope EA patches this problem because I just don't find the game fun right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
Match Settings
Half length: 10 minutes
Difficulty: Legendary

Controller Settings
Auto switching: Air balls
Auto switching move assistance: None
Passing power assistance: Off
Pass assistance: Semi
Through pass assistance: Manual
Shot assistance: Manual
Cross assistance: Manual
Lob pass assistance: Manual
Save assistance: Semi
Analog sprint: On

I am not exactly sure what time I should use for realistic stats in terms of tackles, passes and distance traveled. Anyone have a good idea on what time is good to get realistic stats?
JD, I'm just saying "eff" it and going to play Legendary with your settings. It just feels more real.

I love Legendary when I'm attacking, I seriously dislike it when I'm defending though. Averaging giving up 20 shots a game. It's ridiculous, the CPU takes always find a way to make room for a shot - how the heck do they do it? And all I can do is build through the wings...

Edit: I lied, I'm going World Class but your setting JD.

Just played 3 back to back great games, the most recent one I wont 3-1.

Portsmouth (CPU)1-3 Wolves (me)

Shots: 10/13
SOG: 6/7
Poss: 48/52
Tackles: 14/28
Fouls: 5/3
Yellow: 0/0
Red: 0/0
Offsides: 1/0
Corners: 3/1

This is playing 10 mins, so right away what stands out are the 1. Tackles (too high for user, but a given on WC); 2. Fouls, it felt like more, but 8 total is weak sauce; 3. Corners and Offsides, just 1 offsides? And 4 total corners, naw.

Bumping up to 15 mins next, see how that works.

By the way, JD - thanks for your tips, they work great on WC - finally kept the CPU under 20 shots, I'm happy.

Last edited by Matt10; 10-08-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:36 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah 15 min is the way to go, you get better stats out of it all. Im proud to say I held Chelsea to only 14 shots (no goals) in 15 min halves on legendary. I do take pride in my defense on FIFA 11 and now I am finally FINALLY putting the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis. I should try WC and see how it plays out. Although is Legendary that much harder than world class in FIFA 11? I am loving legendary at the moment with the manual controls.

If EA fixes the tackling issues Legendary is really really going to be tough. It is hard enough to tackle the CPU now. It's also a given that most of the time the CPU will have more tackles than the user, or at least they are pretty even. Although I tend to also try keep most of the possession.

EDIT: After netting 11 goals in two games against Villa and Blackpool. Wigan held me to a 0-0 draw playing away. My 3rd Clean sheet this season and my 2nd in a row

Last edited by Jd_Seven; 10-09-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Yeah I'll try 15 mins next.

JD, I think you would kill in WC man. Your method of using the pressure help button is fantastic and has saved me from breaking this game (not really) and switching to PES.

I plan on getting a recording up once my internet isn't so intermittently connected today.

A lot of my progress will be in my Matteo report, it says PES 2009, but I've went all over the place, even PES6, right now storyline is FIFA 11.

Keep it up man - like always, would be great to see a video of your play.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

JD, I think you would kill in WC man. Your method of using the pressure help button is fantastic and has saved me from breaking this game (not really) and switching to PES.

I plan on getting a recording up once my internet isn't so intermittently connected today.

A lot of my progress will be in my Matteo report, it says PES 2009, but I've went all over the place, even PES6, right now storyline is FIFA 11.

Ya I think you are tackling too much and that's why the CPU is able to take so many shots.

I play on legendary but I have learned that the backline needs to keep it's shape almost at all costs. If I press with the CB or L/RB I have to have a midfielder cover that space.

2nd the reason why you are seeing such a disparity in tackles is your focus on the wings and not getting tackled. I think this is really a leftover from PES (I know I'm so trained to WE that it's hard for me to break old habits.) The habit is that in old PES games dribbling was an either or thing, it worked or it never worked depending on the version.

Let me give you an example as OL, I have moderate success with Toulalan and Kallstram dribbling but Gourcuff can run at players because his traits. It may no work, but there are times where Gourcuff gets by a player breaking down the defense and leading to space where my players can make runs.

At first I did it the PES way, too afraid to run at players. Just like attempting low percentage through balls in FIFA 11, you also can attempt low percentage runs. This evens out the tackles because you are losing the ball more. It also increase scoring because you don't have to rely on the wing play so much.

One other thing it does is put an emphasis on finding the right players. Toulalan always has the most tackles where Kallstram and Gourcuff don't. Toulalan is a monster as DMF. But finding those players on your team that can dribble is key! Hope this helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Ya I think you are tackling too much and that's why the CPU is able to take so many shots.

I play on legendary but I have learned that the backline needs to keep it's shape almost at all costs. If I press with the CB or L/RB I have to have a midfielder cover that space.

2nd the reason why you are seeing such a disparity in tackles is your focus on the wings and not getting tackled. I think this is really a leftover from PES (I know I'm so trained to WE that it's hard for me to break old habits.) The habit is that in old PES games dribbling was an either or thing, it worked or it never worked depending on the version.

Let me give you an example as OL, I have moderate success with Toulalan and Kallstram dribbling but Gourcuff can run at players because his traits. It may no work, but there are times where Gourcuff gets by a player breaking down the defense and leading to space where my players can make runs.

At first I did it the PES way, too afraid to run at players. Just like attempting low percentage through balls in FIFA 11, you also can attempt low percentage runs. This evens out the tackles because you are losing the ball more. It also increase scoring because you don't have to rely on the wing play so much.

One other thing it does is put an emphasis on finding the right players. Toulalan always has the most tackles where Kallstram and Gourcuff don't. Toulalan is a monster as DMF. But finding those players on your team that can dribble is key! Hope this helps.
Jrod - thanks alot for the tips man. Gives me a bit of confidence taking players on, I honestly do go right through the wings on a lot of attacks. The only reason I go down the middle sometimes is because I use manual pass, and on Broadcast cam, so the angles are slightly skewed.

WOrld Class is a very happy place for me right now. I am getting really good at defending, and I think the best thing about this game is that this year it truly matters who you use and who you play against. Love it.

Time for GO USA!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #47
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10

Matt,

Try using a MID to block the passing lanes to the strikers the best you can and then use the 2nd defender press button to get possession. What you'll find is that by blocking the passing lanes the CPU will have more bad passes as well more back passes.

The issues with Legendary are the ones that have plagued the game forever. The CPU changes directions unrealistically and there is very little difference between the players. The CPU also has the built in quickness advantage. You can win games on Legendary but is it a realistic representation of the sport? Hardly.

On WC the game is much more balanced, but when you get into Career Mode and in some Tournament games it is so obvious the CPU has been "boosted" that I wanna snap the damn disc in two. I've had some of the best games of FIFA on WC ever, but I've also played Barcelona and gave up 32 shots because of the silliness.

Fouls. Not good. I just finished the 1st half of a knockout round game as Schalke vs. Chelsea on WC/15 minutes. I have 6 fouls and Chelsea has 0. Played a 15 minutes game two days ago where the CPU did not get whistled for 1 freaking foul!!!! This nonsense with strict/lenient referees is good idea, but like a lot of EA ideas the execution of it has been piss poor.

Never ever should there be a football game with less than 10 total fouls when playing 15 minute halves. What is the point in creating set pieces when you rarely get an opportunity to use them??? For those that think it slows down the game, would you buy a basketball "sim" with minimal fouls called? Bottom line is that set pieces are a HUGE part of the game and until these geniuses in Canada (and you too Seabass!) figure this out these games will continue to cater to the online crowd and arcade ping pong types.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 14

I'm still stuck on difficulties, haha.

I'm a pretty new soccer player, so it's a big reason. I feel like Pro gives ME (as the User) the most realistic offensive approach in terms of difficulty, success, and ability to build up and get scoring chances. But defense is too easy and the CPU can barely score 1 goal, and they hit the crossbar a lot and shank a lot of good looks way off.

On WC, the CPU is challenging and gives me a good test and their offense plays at my ideal level....but then I can't even come close to scoring. I can barely get shots off, let alone score. I feel like I have enough possession time, just can't do much once I get past the mid field. I get swarmed and my passes get intercepted.

Needless to say, I've been shut out 5 straight games and haven't gotten more than 3 shots on goal in each, lol. I even tried being a Brazil, Chelsea, whatever against weak teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »