Home

A Simple Suggestion for a Better Game (Hope EA Listens)

This is a discussion on A Simple Suggestion for a Better Game (Hope EA Listens) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
A Simple Suggestion for a Better Game (Hope EA Listens)

I can't count how many times i've been in the 80th minute of a match and wanted to sub out a player but then just don't get around to doing it because there are only 10 minutes left anyways.

I hate having to hit start, go to team management, then go to subs, choose your player and then choose sub. This may seem trivial or lazy but there has to be a better way.

Suggestion... wouldn't it be better if as we were controlling the player that we want to be subbed we could just hit select and the game would pause, a drop down menu would appear with the list of subs sort of like when taking a free kick and you can change the kicker. Seems like a much quicker and simpler way. Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: A Simple Suggestion for a Better Game (Hope EA Listens)

Unfortunately footy is not a game where something like NBA quick subs could work. The action is just too constant.

Your idea sounds like it would still suffer from the same issues.

What if you want to sub out your LB but the action is at the other end of the field and you dont get a chance to user control him?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

I think "quick subs" would be a fanastic addition and I'm not sure why FIFA/PES still haven't added it.

A rather simple menu that could be brought up when you hit the "back" button which would allow you to choose a player to sub out and who to sub in would be great. I also hate having to go through several menu screens just to get a quick sub in.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
YNWA

~LiverpoolRed~'s Arena

OVR: 24

I personally would not care to much if it was added or not. When I make substitutions more often than not it is to alter my formation. (I.E if I'm trailing or trying to hold onto a lead).

For example if I'm leading I would sub off Torres for Agger and play with 5 at the back. Therefore I have to swap guys around and whatnot. The quick sub would not be beneficial to me personally since I usually don't sub "Like for like".
Old 09-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LiverpoolRed~
I personally would not care to much if it was added or not. When I make substitutions more often than not it is to alter my formation. (I.E if I'm trailing or trying to hold onto a lead).

For example if I'm leading I would sub off Torres for Agger and play with 5 at the back. Therefore I have to swap guys around and whatnot. The quick sub would not be beneficial to me personally since I usually don't sub "Like for like".
yeah man...if you're doing like for like than it's OK but if it's a tactical change you need some time to manipulate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

A think a quick sub menu during deadball situations could work...
Old 09-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Rookie

This would just be a quick way to make a quick sub. You could always go through the team management screen to change formations or change players who you can't necessarily control. This would just be another way to make a substitution for players of the same position, not necessarily a change in tactic but instead subbing out tired players. By doing this it would pause the action so you wouldn't have to do this during a dead ball.

This may be too much to ask, but another thought would be to have a automated process where i could specify ahead of time that at a certain time if i'm winning by a certain amount of goals that it would switch to a chosen formation, make a certain sub, etc. This way i could set a tactic ahead of time that will change my formation from 4-4-2 to 5-4-1 and make a certain substitution any time i am winning by 2 goals after the 70 min mark. these parameters could be changed for a number of situations and saved.

Just a suggestion i think would make the game even better without taking anything away and also seems that it would be a simple idea to include in the next FIFA 12.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:25 PM   #8
Rookie

I believe the first FIFA on this gen of consoles had this option. It was FIFA 06 Road to the World Cup that allowed you to make switches on the fly. Something similar to NHL11 line changes. Say, at a throw in or FK or GK you could hit right bumper or something and it brings up a menu. I too really would like to see something like this implemented.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »