Home

FIFA 11: My Live Season

This is a discussion on FIFA 11: My Live Season within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Question FIFA 11: My Live Season

Has anyone done this? Other than what the booklet describes, can someone elaborate as to the appeal with this mode? Since the online leagues area (friends leagues) is about as bare-bones as league play can be, I am curious if 2 people who pay for My Live Season can compete and even play together, or is this strictly and offline mode with more depth than all the items in the retail game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA 11: My Live Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
Has anyone done this? Other than what the booklet describes, can someone elaborate as to the appeal with this mode? Since the online leagues area (friends leagues) is about as bare-bones as league play can be, I am curious if 2 people who pay for My Live Season can compete and even play together, or is this strictly and offline mode with more depth than all the items in the retail game.
Live Season is pretty much 'Season Mode.' No fiddling with Manager stuff, transfers, calendars, etc. The draw is that you get a weekly 'roster update' that addresses all the form changes of players in whatever league you have purchased. Those form changes can also be used online. It's essentially the equivalent of NBA Live's Dynamic DNA system from the last couple of years.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yep, in addition to instantpop's description...they attempt to reflect the formation setup for the week past and have accurate selection...

- So each week there is an update, and you can play a teams games week to week in relation to the actual season...so games not involving your team are pre-determined by reality.

I purchase it, I think it's a reasonably fun one to do. I find myself in most games starting a number of franchise mode games. But I can get my fix on the top teams this way, and really focus on one team in career mode.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchfork
Yep, in addition to instantpop's description...they attempt to reflect the formation setup for the week past and have accurate selection...

- So each week there is an update, and you can play a teams games week to week in relation to the actual season...so games not involving your team are pre-determined by reality.

I purchase it, I think it's a reasonably fun one to do. I find myself in most games starting a number of franchise mode games. But I can get my fix on the top teams this way, and really focus on one team in career mode.
Never thought of taking that approach! Might have to do that myself this year with using the Live Season to focus on Chelsea and working a smaller club in Career Mode.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Fellas, thanks for the details.

I decided to try the demo (5 free matches) and will definitely be purchasing this when my trial is up. I decided to run my Live Season with Villarreal CF in the Liga BBVA. This is really fun, I am very happy to have given this a shot.

Another question, I see it mentions weekly updates (on Wednesday). Is this different than the Roster Updates that come down randomly when you play ranked XBL matches? How does this work when I play someone else ranked or unranked that does not have Live Season updates and I do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
Fellas, thanks for the details.

I decided to try the demo (5 free matches) and will definitely be purchasing this when my trial is up. I decided to run my Live Season with Villarreal CF in the Liga BBVA. This is really fun, I am very happy to have given this a shot.

Another question, I see it mentions weekly updates (on Wednesday). Is this different than the Roster Updates that come down randomly when you play ranked XBL matches? How does this work when I play someone else ranked or unranked that does not have Live Season updates and I do?
Yeah it is pretty fun, I brought all the leauges, I probably didn't have to but just in case. Good luck with yours Villareal are a pretty good team.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Whatever happened to Live Season coming with the game when you bought it?? Like in Fifa 09?

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

What happened is EA's lust for DLC and making extra $$$

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »