Home

"Upgrade" from PRO to WC ...

This is a discussion on "Upgrade" from PRO to WC ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: "Upgrade" from PRO to WC ...

This game needs auto subs.either based on strategy or fatigue.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #10

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
This game needs auto subs.either based on strategy or fatigue.
Why?

x10
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #11
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's my 2 cents:

I haven't tried WC on FIFA11, but have on WC2010. As for FIFA11, Pro itself isn't even a "realistic" version of soccer gameplay. Granted, I haven't mastered the controls, but it still seems CPU get all the lucky challenge ricochets, heat-seek headers/lob passes, and are still more aggressive than your CPU-teammate counterparts who just stand around at times and stare at balls 2 ft in front of them.

That being said, the difficulty itself isn't hard. As a mid-high 70s team (Juve), I still beat teams worse than me on most occasions and draw/lose to equal/better teams like Roma, Milan, Inter, etc
(edit: actually/obviously, the more i play, the easier equal teams are to destroy. But I still lose to Inter 1-0 from some stupid magnetic header from a cross that's impossible to stop, afaik)

So I will say, results/difficulty-wise, Pro is still vairly legit. I'm not sure about WC, yet. But don't be fooled. Unless you are some controls god (which I'm far from), Pro's gameplay is still very CPU assist-heavy, imo
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs

Last edited by cheesesteak; 10-01-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

A little more on this ...

I played a bunch of WC level games tonight.

They were class ... it is totally worth it to go up the level.

Possession is key ... you *must* hold on to the ball.

I have also noticed that when I score (which - admittedly - is rare) the goals are cool!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #13
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I moved up to WC recently and I love it. The cpu attacks more and gets off realistic amount of shot attempts. So it's much more even now. I also don't think the defense is all that much tougher than Pro, because I can still get my shots off. I just think the cpu attacking gets a bit better.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

I would say that I feel the difference more when I am on defense (the CPU on offense). The CPU is more interesting when they have the ball - and it is more difficult to tackle them. I need to play less aggressive in defense (more cutting off passing lanes, using the jockey, waiting for the right time to go after the ball). This is why possession has been key for me - when I do get the ball - I work hard to hold on to it.

I am working to increase the variety of goals that I score (I felt like I had gotten too repetitive in my attacks - and I have seen some much cooler looking goals from various youtube videos) - and the switch to WC has forced me to adjust my offense ... and I hope that goal variety will follow.

I am six games in on my WC manager mode ... 5 wins / 1 draw / 0 losses ... 9 goals scored and 1 goal allowed. I really like how this is going so far.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Does anyone play on legendary? I moved up to it in FIFA 11 and I must say this is the way I think FIFA should be played, I do play with a 10 min half length and manual controls and find it the most enjoyable, tough and realistic challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm struggling to find a good level. World Class is too easy to tackle, Legendary seems right, but the amazing CPU passing is bothersome. I just can't find a happy medium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »