Home

"Upgrade" from PRO to WC ...

This is a discussion on "Upgrade" from PRO to WC ... within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: "Upgrade" from PRO to WC ...

Recall that I am still on FIFA10 ... but anyway ...

I am really enjoying playing PRO for home games and WC for road games.

It should be harder on the road ... this is a "real" thing. And I like it.

I can be more aggressive / attacking at home ... and I have to play more conservatively and be happy with "get a draw" when on the road.

Through 12 league games (as RC Celta in Spain 2nd division) ...

HOME : 6-0-0 : GF-12 / GA-02
ROAD : 3-2-1 : GF-06 / GA-02

Just adding more info to this thread. :-)
Old 10-04-2010, 01:25 AM   #18
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Recall that I am still on FIFA10 ... but anyway ...

I am really enjoying playing PRO for home games and WC for road games.

It should be harder on the road ... this is a "real" thing. And I like it.

I can be more aggressive / attacking at home ... and I have to play more conservatively and be happy with "get a draw" when on the road.

Through 12 league games (as RC Celta in Spain 2nd division) ...

HOME : 6-0-0 : GF-12 / GA-02
ROAD : 3-2-1 : GF-06 / GA-02

Just adding more info to this thread. :-)
That's a good idea. I think I'll try that
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 AM   #19
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
Does anyone play on legendary? I moved up to it in FIFA 11 and I must say this is the way I think FIFA should be played, I do play with a 10 min half length and manual controls and find it the most enjoyable, tough and realistic challenge.
I play on legendary but instead of 10 mins, I play 20 mins. It's too hard to create ENOUGH chances in 10 minute halves.

On 20 minutes, my most scored goals have been 4 so far. A 4-1 win Milan at Chievo.

Other than that full of 2-1, 1-1, 0-2 score lines...one game even finished goalless. What I like about this level is that you really can't afford to overpressure the ball carrier or bring the 2nd man to tackle, because the cpu will expose it more often than not. Gotta pick your spots when the cpu is outnumbered by a good margin .....

Also, you can't afford to have ANY mental lapses because 9 times out of 10 it's a quality scoring chance for the cpu. It's kinda mentally draining to play legendary 20 min halves to be honest LOL. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing really....but sometimes, I do miss the more "laid back sit on the couch" difficulty of world class level in world cup 2010 game.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Anyone playing on all manual on Word Class? I was playing on World Class since I got the game and slowly moved from semi to all manual controls. So, I dropped down to Pro for now to once again get the hang of the game.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 14

I do, although I kept it on WC and taking my licks. I find the CPU plays better. The CPU doesn't necessarily score more, but its definitely harder for me to score. Their offense is better too in the sense that they are more patient and opportunistic, where's as on Pro it felt like they rushed me more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #22
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

It's defiently the more realistic game, WC+Player(virtual pro)+semi-manul and it's pretty hard, mostly I'm sitting on the bench in Milan because I can't get good grades lol I guess that's what it fells like in real life when you're struggling to make it in the first 11, and when I get the chance to play I really bite on it.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #23
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
I play on legendary but instead of 10 mins, I play 20 mins. It's too hard to create ENOUGH chances in 10 minute halves.

On 20 minutes, my most scored goals have been 4 so far. A 4-1 win Milan at Chievo.

Other than that full of 2-1, 1-1, 0-2 score lines...one game even finished goalless. What I like about this level is that you really can't afford to overpressure the ball carrier or bring the 2nd man to tackle, because the cpu will expose it more often than not. Gotta pick your spots when the cpu is outnumbered by a good margin .....

Also, you can't afford to have ANY mental lapses because 9 times out of 10 it's a quality scoring chance for the cpu. It's kinda mentally draining to play legendary 20 min halves to be honest LOL. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing really....but sometimes, I do miss the more "laid back sit on the couch" difficulty of world class level in world cup 2010 game.
Damn Philly, much respect to you as on WC or Legendary, I have a hell of a time keeping any team under 25 shots on 15 min halves. Any tips?

Even in asking, there is still the main underlying fundamental issue with how the pacing in this game works. Still extremely flawed. Each team's CTT is still too close together, I doubt they did much with this again this year. Every team still just attacks like crazy, on these levels it is even worse. I know I am not the best player in the world (even worse TBH), but I play against a minnow team and they play like they are Barca. I play passing lanes, back off, etc., they still are perfect. Couple that with bad CPU teammates (better, but still not great) and the CPU always gets chances.

How do you do it?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Damn Philly, much respect to you as on WC or Legendary, I have a hell of a time keeping any team under 25 shots on 15 min halves. Any tips?

Even in asking, there is still the main underlying fundamental issue with how the pacing in this game works. Still extremely flawed. Each team's CTT is still too close together, I doubt they did much with this again this year. Every team still just attacks like crazy, on these levels it is even worse. I know I am not the best player in the world (even worse TBH), but I play against a minnow team and they play like they are Barca. I play passing lanes, back off, etc., they still are perfect. Couple that with bad CPU teammates (better, but still not great) and the CPU always gets chances.

How do you do it?
I just moved up to 15 mins a half now. Just finished a English League Cup game against Newcastle with Manchester United. I ended up winning 3-2 scoring the last goal in extra time (119). I was previously using 10 min and was avg a goal a game maybe. On Legendary you have to defend like CRAZY because the CPU AI is incredibly hard. You really need to build up play to have any chance of a decent shot on goal. I believe i had a total of 24 shots and the had 15 - 6 of which were on target. Finally getting the the right kind of settings I enjoy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »