Home

How's your CM/MM Going?

This is a discussion on How's your CM/MM Going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How's your CM/MM Going?

my man city MM is going pretty well so far. I'm currently sitting in 3rd. I beat Man U which was pretty cool. I did lose to Everton though -_- . I snagged Neymar from santos and picked up michael bastos from Lyon. I'm still looking to unload adebayor and santa cruz. Overall i'm satisfied with my performance. I'm playing on pro and plan to move up to WC in season 2.
Terps

GT "Bigdiesel06"
Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Took CSKA Moscow. Started off with a 4-0 loss to rivals Dinamo Moscow, then rebounded and won 3 in a row I believe. Made only 1 transfer, brought in a back-up striker from Denmark I believe. Needed somebody who can be reliable in the air. Rated like 75 I think. Will try and play in Russia for about 2-3 years, then I'll see what kind of offers I get from other teams.

As for transfers, Juventus bought Ivanovic from Chelsea and Bayern Munich bought Adebayour from City. I don't even know what other transfers happen because I have no idea how to check. Anyone care to help out?
Old 10-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #11

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
Made only 1 transfer, brought in a back-up striker from Denmark I believe. Needed somebody who can be reliable in the air. Rated like 75 I think.
Why not just use Necid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
Why not just use Necid?
He's on the bench for me along with the guy I brought in. I like to have 2 strikers on the bench anyways. Plus in the pre-season Necid was not that impressive when I let him play.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #13
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

How are some of the Russian teams? I was meaning to look into starting a CM with one, but started with Millwall and haven't looked back.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 10-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf86
What have you seen with transfers? Anything crazy in the EPL?

I plan on keeping the Millwall CM going and might start an Aston Villa one after the Packer game. I was reading about Randy Lerner the owner and the sponsor they have is a children's hospice group, thought that was really cool. Plus they have a new owner so I can do the CM as if I hired my own guy. Which will likely be "Bob Bradley" as was rumored before Houllier was hired.

Aston Villa targers: Bendtner from Arsenal, Michael Bradley (have to, haha), and Thierry Henry.
Villa used to be sponsored by acorns, which is a charity. Now they have FX Pro on their shirts. It's some trading company. I loved the acorns shirt. I own a couple.

Anyway, I have a Villa mode going. Really struggling on the outset. Lost a couple of games I shouldn't have to Wigan and Bolton (Bolton is more excusable). I also lost my first League Cup game to Arsenal. They played their main XI, not sure if CPU teams rest guys anymore but Arsenal went all out and I played somewhat of a B squad to get guys experience and to rest some of my main players. Maybe not the best idea but I can't be too upset losing to Arsenal at Emirates.

My big, immediate purchase was Stephane Sessegnon from PSG. He's a stud. Got him for 17 million pounds. Sold John Carew to a French club to make up some cash. He went for about 8 million.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

Playing as Sydney FC manager and using my VP as a midfielder (usually on the right side). Scored a FK with him in my first league match, the only goal of the game! Won the first three games then drew the next two so i'm 3-2-0 and on top of the ladder...a complete contrast to real life where we are 0-4-5!

Only signed one player, 6'4" striker Dyron Daal from leage rivals North Queensland for $1,200,000 and sold veteran CB Hayden Foxe to some Belgian team for $800,000.

For this CM, i'm planning to use Sydney for the entire 15 years. But i may start a new one with a European club too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMVP91
As for transfers, Juventus bought Ivanovic from Chelsea and Bayern Munich bought Adebayour from City. I don't even know what other transfers happen because I have no idea how to check. Anyone care to help out?
Not sure myself, but i think we can only use the News section for major ones or you have to keep an eye out on the top left of the calender screen when simming days. Otherwise i search by player name or squad to see where players end up.

I've had the following big transfers in my first off season (don't recall any prices) based on the News section:
- Ivanovic from Chelsea to Liverpool
- Pepe from Real Madrid to Bayern
- Babel from Liverpool to Villarreal

Kolo Toure and Lassana Diarra also changed teams but i forgot where to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #16
Fly
Rookie

Fly's Arena

OVR: 5

Well guys, just finished my first year in career mode with Tottenham. Let's just say this: I could never get past like maybe five or six games during manager mode last year with any team, because it simply just wasn't all that exciting for me. One week later with FIFA 11, and I've already played every game of an entire season. Even though I've only been playing FIFA for three years now, I've never come close to playing even half a season. That should tell you how much I'm enjoying this game.

As for the season, I started slow, but started building steam around the middle of the year. The highest I got was third, but could never get enough points to jump Chelsea or Manchester City.

My season was actually a weird one. I beat Chelsea twice and drew with them once. I beat Manchester United twice and lost once. I beat Liverpool twice. I split with Arsenal. So on the surface, you're probably wondering how I didn't finish in the top four. Well, I struggled mightily with the bad teams in the league. West Ham owned me a few times, had a bad late season loss to Wigan, and Bolton and Fulham destroyed me in seperate games. So while I should have made up a lot of ground by beating the top teams, I couldn't because I had bad losses to bad teams.

However, I still had my chance to get in the top four and have a spot in the Champions League. And what made it even more intense? It came down to the final game of the season.

Aston Villa, Liverpool, and myself all had 68 points going into the final game, and lucky for me, it just so happened that Aston Villa and Liverpool were playing each other. Who did I have? Fulham, who had struggled big time all season. So of course, I get the perfect result in the Villa-Liverpool game, as they drew 1-1. A win, and I'm in. So I lay a massive egg and Fulham beats me 2-1 at White Hart Lane. Huge disappointment, to say the least.

But hey, it was a good year overall, and I won the F.A. Cup in the process after beating Stoke City in the final. I'm about to start my first league game of year two, and I'm in the process of luring in Luis Suarez. I wanted Diego Forlan but didn't have the weekly funds to do so (though I'm still working on freeing up some wages). Got rid of Peter Crouch, who was just getting old and slow. But bringing in one of those big strikers should easily fill the void left by Crouch.

Still experimenting with formations, but really liking the 3-4-2-1. Gives me some nice attacks, and lets the speed of my team really shine.

Oh, and I just bought NBA 2K11 today, but even though it's obvious to me that the game is freakin' awesome, FIFA is still gonna be in the rotation, because it's the best soccer game I've ever played.

Last edited by Fly; 10-05-2010 at 02:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »