Home

Is There Something I'm Missing in the Transfer Market?

This is a discussion on Is There Something I'm Missing in the Transfer Market? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is There Something I'm Missing in the Transfer Market?

I've started a couple manager mode games and in both of them, I have yet to be able to sign a player. I've been spoiled with Football Manager the last couple years, but something seems fishy.

I understand how the process works, and plenty of clubs have accepted offers, but players will not enter into negotiations. And it's not just the good players. I've finished a full season at Tottenham and even players with 60 ratings in crappy teams will reject me. I've had one player actually negotiate (Mario Gomez I think), but he rejected it. 17 year olds, 30 year olds, good players, bad players. No one seems to want to play for me.

Does squad size matter? Talent level of overall team? Does it help to shortlist players?

I just have no clue, but I've sold all my dead weight, and I don't have a squad to take on an European schedule unless I can buy some guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Is There Something I'm Missing in the Transfer Market?

When you go to make a buy, your advisor's input (upper right corner of that screen) seems to be reliable. If it says "he's just recently signed on and won't move," it means exactly that, even if the player hasn't actually signed on recently.

How much playing time they get also seems to really factor in, so don't bother going after anyone in their club's starting 11 unless their team is terrible, or you're willing to pay for it; I had one <70 rated player reject a 25% salary increase, coming from a Russian club with an undefeated record.

I was able to make a few moves during the winter transfer window of my first season (also playing as Spurs) by going after Reserve players only; when a player would reject an offer, I'd just give a 5% bonus and send it back. Thinking back now, the better players (M.Carrick being one -- so I don't think league matters) were added to my shortlist, so that might have helped.

The quality of the player doesn't seem to matter much (besides their price), in regards to whether they'll move or not, because I easily moved some big names when I was just fooling around with the system. Your manager rating more than likely plays a role, as does your current personnel at their given position by DEF/MID/ATT, and your club record.

I'd give them a slight salary increase on the first attempt either way, and if you really want them, throw in a 5 or 10% bonus per goal/whatever. Since there isn't much budget/financial management and there are no penalties, there's no reason not to spend. Beyond that, plan your transfers in advance of the window so you can start applying on day one and hopefully push some through, since some responses seem to take a week.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2ndbomb
When you go to make a buy, your advisor's input (upper right corner of that screen) seems to be reliable. If it says "he's just recently signed on and won't move," it means exactly that, even if the player hasn't actually signed on recently.

How much playing time they get also seems to really factor in, so don't bother going after anyone in their club's starting 11 unless their team is terrible, or you're willing to pay for it; I had one <70 rated player reject a 25% salary increase, coming from a Russian club with an undefeated record.

I was able to make a few moves during the winter transfer window of my first season (also playing as Spurs) by going after Reserve players only; when a player would reject an offer, I'd just give a 5% bonus and send it back. Thinking back now, the better players (M.Carrick being one -- so I don't think league matters) were added to my shortlist, so that might have helped.

The quality of the player doesn't seem to matter much (besides their price), in regards to whether they'll move or not, because I easily moved some big names when I was just fooling around with the system. Your manager rating more than likely plays a role, as does your current personnel at their given position by DEF/MID/ATT, and your club record.

I'd give them a slight salary increase on the first attempt either way, and if you really want them, throw in a 5 or 10% bonus per goal/whatever. Since there isn't much budget/financial management and there are no penalties, there's no reason not to spend. Beyond that, plan your transfers in advance of the window so you can start applying on day one and hopefully push some through, since some responses seem to take a week.
Good to know, but I don't even get that far. They don't give me an opportunity to offer a salary. In the negotiation history some will tell me the club has rejected me, but most say player rejected. If I could offer a salary, I think I would be fine, but I've got rejected before that point all but one time.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

You have to push "advance" and go day by day. You can't go to the calendar and sim to the day you want to go to. Don't feel like I'm explaining it very well, sorry. Do you understand what I mean?
Old 10-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

One thing I have noticed is CPU teams overpaying for players. I mean the money that is being tossed around seems absurd for the quality of player that a team is signing.

Also it seems to many teams are just selling players and then not doing anything to strengthen there team.

Teams like Aston Villa and Spurs and Everton and even Liverpool to an extent just seem to want to get rid of everyone decent on there roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salhus
You have to push "advance" and go day by day. You can't go to the calendar and sim to the day you want to go to. Don't feel like I'm explaining it very well, sorry. Do you understand what I mean?
That did it. It doesn't really make sense why it's that way, but I'm wheeling and dealing now. Thanks!
Old 10-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubldragon
That did it. It doesn't really make sense why it's that way, but I'm wheeling and dealing now. Thanks!
Ha, no problem. It took me almost a whole week of no transfers to figure out what was wrong
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

One thing that got me was that the ONLY time you can offer salary is immediately when you get the team's acceptance of your transfer offer. You either enter in a salary manually or the game will make a bare minimum offer (which always seems to fail). I wanted to wait and see if my 1st choice would accept my offer before trying for my 2nd choice but the game won't let you. And if you only deal with one player at a time, you might run out of time in the transfer window and be left with no one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »