Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #25
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Dev Team Update, Actively Working on Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
It seems also that all AI teams posses a very one dimensional offensive attack that seems to just consist of leading to the nearest downfield man and going in one on one for the shot. I dont get a sense of the CPU passing back, slowing down the tempo and formulating an offensive attack in the zone by working the ball around.

...Am I correct in this observation and is this something that could be addressed in a patch?
This is the problem. Some teams do attack differently but it's always push forward push forward. Occasionally you can block the passing lanes to the strikers, but the CPU still does not actually build an attack. It happens, but it's all too rare.

If the tackling were patched to be more difficult we would be back to having 30-40 CPU shots in 15 minute games and lower rated CPU players dribbling circles around world class defenders.

Another possible way of fixing it would be to make the refereeing be more strict. You would obviously solve the foul issues, but if there is risk involved in attempting a tackle I would think that players would be more hesitant to approach the CPU player with the ball. Better yet, allow me to choose my referee before every match.

The more I play the game the closer I get to adjusting the CTT for every team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

on a side note, I know there are alot of editing tools under MY FIFA. Is it possible to change each team's default tactics and pressure strategies and keep them as their profiles so if you start a tournament or career, the CPU will utilize these settings you configured?

Or do you have do it before each match for each CPU team?

Another thing I think should be pointed out to the DEV team, there should be one more Game Speed setting called VERY SLOW because even slow has a very quick pace to the gameplay and animations....what do you think?

And finally, does FIFA have any type of Global Gameplay Sliders you could adjust to more or less tweak the overall gameplay?...similar to the other EA Sports games like Madden and such?
Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #27
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
on a side note, I know there are alot of editing tools under MY FIFA. Is it possible to change each team's default tactics and pressure strategies and keep them as their profiles so if you start a tournament or career, the CPU will utilize these settings you configured?
Yes, just change their custom tactics in Team Management under My Fifa and they will use these settings in career mode.

This article is for Fifa10 but it may help to develop some generic tactics. You can then apply these tactics to all teams in a league to get a nice variety of more realistic play styles.

http://www.halln.co.uk/fifa/understa...tomtactics.htm
Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Nothing about tackling issues...

Hope the devs fix the tackling issue where the damn CPU players have such a high success rate of tackles.

IRL, we almost never see strikers sliding tackle the opposing midfielders and getting away with it all the time. Happens a lot in FIFA11.

Also need more yellow and red cards for the CPU.
CPU hardly ever get carded despite blatantly fouling my guys.

Wish there is a slider for tackle success.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #29
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA30
Nothing about tackling issues...

Hope the devs fix the tackling issue where the damn CPU players have such a high success rate of tackles.

IRL, we almost never see strikers sliding tackle the opposing midfielders and getting away with it all the time. Happens a lot in FIFA11.

Also need more yellow and red cards for the CPU.
CPU hardly ever get carded despite blatantly fouling my guys.

Wish there is a slider for tackle success.

While I do agree that tackling needs to be toned down, I also believe that most of us need to improve on shielding the ball, first touch and laying of the turbo!

My major issue isn't with the the CPU but rather human success vs cpu even on world class.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 17

I was also curious about the CPU's AI and inability to realistically cycle the ball around the offensive zone from time to time and even cycle it back to build a strategic attack. As a few others have said, even after tweaking the custom tactics and testing it, the CPU seems to be really hard wired to just push their offensive passing attack full speed forward without any regrouping or slowing down to reposition.

Am I off base with my observations?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #31
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I was also curious about the CPU's AI and inability to realistically cycle the ball around the offensive zone from time to time and even cycle it back to build a strategic attack. As a few others have said, even after tweaking the custom tactics and testing it, the CPU seems to be really hard wired to just push their offensive passing attack full speed forward without any regrouping or slowing down to reposition.

Am I off base with my observations?
What difficulty and speed are you playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wish the CPU would get a few fouls called on them period! my poor guys are absolutely abused and the ref just stares until I bump someone so he can whistle me. I'd be shielding the ball, and then get steamrolled from behind...should be at least a yellow, right? WRONG! it is a no-call...and that is pretty much bugging the hell out of me. that and my guys NOT going on runs and killing any chance of build up. and when I hit L1 to manually send them, they usually go in the wrong direction and not into the WIDE OPEN space in front of them.

~siiigh~

fortunately, these issues have not been enough for me remove the disc from my ps3 since launch

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »