Home

is legendary playable?

This is a discussion on is legendary playable? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: is legendary playable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
They don't make too many mistakes.
They don't make too many mistakes, but they aren't surgeons either. I scored in the 4th minute on my first game on Legendary due to an errant pass by the CPU. To the OP's point, it's definitely playable. I'd venture to say it's the best setting in the game for sim players.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
Rookie

ecantona99's Arena

OVR: 3

I had to go back down to WC. I couldn't win a game on Legendary. It is a good game, but if you make a mistake, the computer is ruthless and will make you pay.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
They don't make too many mistakes, but they aren't surgeons either. I scored in the 4th minute on my first game on Legendary due to an errant pass by the CPU. To the OP's point, it's definitely playable. I'd venture to say it's the best setting in the game for sim players.
No but if you're playing as Chelsea, Man U, Real etc and take on a bottom table team, they are simply too good every time. Maybe once in a while they will get lucky but teams should be dominant and this isn't the case too often in FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecantona99
I had to go back down to WC. I couldn't win a game on Legendary. It is a good game, but if you make a mistake, the computer is ruthless and will make you pay.
I'm in the same boat as you. I get the most realistic gameplay in FIFA 11 on WC level. I have been playing My Live Season (yes - I broke down and paid 800 MS points) with Villarreal and am sitting in 15th place after completing all up-to-date matches in La Liga.

While I can still tackle the CPU fairly easy if playing overly aggressive, this is not my style of play. I typically play the CPU the same way I play my user matches in my online league (run offline). This helps me avoid falling into the bad habits which most users have in the online community.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
No but if you're playing as Chelsea, Man U, Real etc and take on a bottom table team, they are simply too good every time. Maybe once in a while they will get lucky but teams should be dominant and this isn't the case too often in FIFA.
I'll give playing a lower ranked team a shot tonight. My game last night was Chelsea v. Arsenal and it played really well.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, i play on legendary and i do enjoy the game. I can even deal with the over aggressive defensive AI. But the passing for me is very problematic on legendary. The CPU will always average 85-95% passing accuacy against me. It doesn't matter if I'm a top table team playing against a regulation bound club. They will have 90% accuracy. Even if i sit back and play the passing lanes, i'm dead in the water because if you give them room to take a cross, they will take it. And we all know the result of AI crosses in this game will be a goal.

IRL, the league averages are about 75% (look here). If the AI made a mistake say 1 in 5 tries, it would make sense to play a more normal "contain" defense and pounce when the opportunity arose. However, with a mistake of 1 in every 10 passes, the only successful way to gain possession is to go in for the tackle wherever and whenever (especially since tackling is so darn easy).

Look at the second graph here. How many goals would you give up if the AI got off 26 crosses on you?

I don't want to be too critical because I do enjoy playing on legendary, but it sure would be more fun if there were more 50/50 balls and if I didn't have to rely solely on tackling to gain possession.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #15
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry4ntwoods800
Well, i play on legendary and i do enjoy the game. I can even deal with the over aggressive defensive AI. But the passing for me is very problematic on legendary. The CPU will always average 85-95% passing accuacy against me. It doesn't matter if I'm a top table team playing against a regulation bound club. They will have 90% accuracy. Even if i sit back and play the passing lanes, i'm dead in the water because if you give them room to take a cross, they will take it. And we all know the result of AI crosses in this game will be a goal.

IRL, the league averages are about 75% (look here). If the AI made a mistake say 1 in 5 tries, it would make sense to play a more normal "contain" defense and pounce when the opportunity arose. However, with a mistake of 1 in every 10 passes, the only successful way to gain possession is to go in for the tackle wherever and whenever (especially since tackling is so darn easy).

Look at the second graph here. How many goals would you give up if the AI got off 26 crosses on you?

I don't want to be too critical because I do enjoy playing on legendary, but it sure would be more fun if there were more 50/50 balls and if I didn't have to rely solely on tackling to gain possession.
This is just a good post. Bravo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

A little off this topic, but, that was a cool website in the above links.

Just wanted to give some credit for a neat reference ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »