Home

is legendary playable?

This is a discussion on is legendary playable? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
is legendary playable?

i could never keep a game close on legendary for fifa 09 or 10 but this year i can actually win games on legendary. i've been playing with real madrid though, but still with the tackling a bit easier than previous years on legendary, as long as you keep the back line in order, it is possible to shut down elite teams. i play legendary 10 min slow speed and this is definitely the best legendary experience for fifa ever. HOWEVER if you get too excited with the x button (or a button) and try to tackle everyone, you will more than likely get burnt. also when defending set pieces near the goal, timing of the wall jump is critical and if missed, you WILL give up a goal. but this game is too easy to tackle on any other level for me so i tried out legendary and i'm very impressed. anyone else playing on this level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: is legendary playable?

I jumped straight into Legendary. I never tried the other difficulties so I have no idea what the tackling issues are, because in legendary they seem about right.

I use Man U and playing against teams like Chelsea/Man City are super hard. No mistakes can be made. I will also say that it is a super difficult setting but well worth it. Tackling with lesser players against guys like Drogba or Lampard are just to hard to tackle and get the ball off unless I have a defender like Vidic or Rio on them which is much easier. I play 15 min halves on normal setting (maybe I should give slow a go) and I spend a total of 20 min just stopping the better teams from scoring (The CPU just doesn't have a realistic enough build up, as soon as they get the ball it's almost a mad rush just to score a goal, even if its only 2 min into the game.)

Other than that Legendary is def playable. I will say you have to be an above average FIFA 11 player and have no anger issues, otherwise your good to go.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
and have no anger issues
Haha so true. It's sad that this is a requirment for a game.

I've played on World Class the past 2 years and after a couple weeks, I just can't play it anymore. I switched to Legendary tonight and it's very realistic. You actually have to play D. I almost think EA just scrapped Legendary from past versions and just moved up the difficult a slot, so World Class last year is actually Legendary this year. I know it's not true, but it feels that way
Old 10-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Chalk me up to playing on Legendary from here on out. Tried it last night due to the recommendations here. What a different game. You actually have to time your standing tackles if you want them to work. No just holding 'X' and charging toward the ball. It's a little weird that when you do hold 'X' your defenders slow down as though there is an invisible shield around the ball carrier, but I think it's just a symptom of the momentum animations not really playing itself out right.

I played a 20 minute game on Slow, Chelsea v. Arsenal last night. Got beat 2-1, but the 2 goals I allowed were totally legit and both the result of mistakes on my part. Granted, that was an exhibition match, so we'll see how these settings hold up in a tournament setting or CM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

I am still having my ups and downs with WorldClass / 10-min half / All-Manual.

I made the jump from PRO to WC on FIFA10 (and was happy with it).

Would you suggest a corresponding jump (WC to LEGEND) on FIFA11?

I am killing the CPU is possession (usually something like 62% - 38%) - but they are super-aggressive with their tackles when I advance into the attacking third of the field - so I have trouble getting shots or scoring goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I am still having my ups and downs with WorldClass / 10-min half / All-Manual.

I made the jump from PRO to WC on FIFA10 (and was happy with it).

Would you suggest a corresponding jump (WC to LEGEND) on FIFA11?

I am killing the CPU is possession (usually something like 62% - 38%) - but they are super-aggressive with their tackles when I advance into the attacking third of the field - so I have trouble getting shots or scoring goals.
Making the jump to Legendary isn't what it used to be. Seems to be a much more balanced version of the game this year. The speed does seem to bump up a bit, but I can live with that. The only gap you'll see in stats on Legendary will be the number of shots - the CPU will have A LOT more than you. But your keeper seems to be smarter as well, so it balances it out. The game I played last night, tackles were even (12-12 rather than the 54-18 I've been getting on Pro and WC). Fouls were also even, though kind of low. Possession was nearly a dead heat, with the CPU out-possessing me 53-47 (that's a first).
Old 10-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

what are other seeing for CPU passing accuracy on legendary?
Old 10-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry4ntwoods800
what are other seeing for CPU passing accuracy on legendary?
They don't make too many mistakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »