Home

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team discussion

This is a discussion on FIFA 11 Ultimate Team discussion within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:48 PM   #33
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: FIFA 11 Ultimate Team discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
I know you can "purchase" more bid tokens using the in-game coins. They are expensive though.
yeah, buying bid tokens with coins is absurd. I think it costs like 2,500 coins for 50 bid tokens, you've got to be kidding me. Maybe once your team is 5-stars and you can buy and sell as you please 2,500 coins is not a lot, but when you're first starting out that's a ton of money.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #34
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
yeah, buying bid tokens with coins is absurd. I think it costs like 2,500 coins for 50 bid tokens, you've got to be kidding me. Maybe once your team is 5-stars and you can buy and sell as you please 2,500 coins is not a lot, but when you're first starting out that's a ton of money.
It's 25 tokens for 2,500 coins. Stupid.

Also, I have yet to see any of my bid tokens replenish.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

My app has a counter in the top right and when it runs out, I get more tokens.

What's the deal with the team of the week? How are those players acquired besides auction? Rare gold packs? Are the team of the week versions only available in packs purchased during that week?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #36
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

A couple things I don't understand about UT:

Does the amount of coins you earn increase with the level of team you have? If not, how are you supposed to maintain a gold level team earning 500 coins a game?

(and this goes with the above) Can you build separate teams from players you put in your club? So I could have a 2 star team, 3 star, etc?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #37
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

My EPL squad is slowly coming to form. I got quite a few top level players last night in packs, mostly from other leagues and put them up for auction. So far, none have sold.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #38
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
A couple things I don't understand about UT:

Does the amount of coins you earn increase with the level of team you have? If not, how are you supposed to maintain a gold level team earning 500 coins a game?

(and this goes with the above) Can you build separate teams from players you put in your club? So I could have a 2 star team, 3 star, etc?
The answer to your first questions; The amount of coins you earn depends on a lot of factors. If you play in tournaments (online or offline), you will earn coins for each match and if you win the tournament. You can earn coins playing matches both online or offline as well. The amount of coins depends on the level of your opponent. If you play a 1* scrub team with a 5* elite team, you will earn fewer coins. If you play a 5* vs 5* team you will earn more. You may also earn coins by selling players or discarding them. The level of the player depends on the amount of coins you receive. Most lower rated gold players net 300-320 coins. The inform players get you closer to 1000 coins if not more, but it is very rare that you would discard one of these players. You would likely sell and net 20k+ coins.

To answer you second question; You can build as many teams as you want. Currently I have an EPL - non-English team, an English only EPL team, a silver EPL squad, and a silver npower Championship team. I also have a USA team. All but the non-English EPL team are full (only 5 positions left to make it completely non-English.

Once you play more and more and buy packs/start trading your team will get better and you'll be able to play tougher opponents. Good luck and enjoy.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 11-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatloaf86
The answer to your first questions; The amount of coins you earn depends on a lot of factors. If you play in tournaments (online or offline), you will earn coins for each match and if you win the tournament. You can earn coins playing matches both online or offline as well. The amount of coins depends on the level of your opponent. If you play a 1* scrub team with a 5* elite team, you will earn fewer coins. If you play a 5* vs 5* team you will earn more. You may also earn coins by selling players or discarding them. The level of the player depends on the amount of coins you receive. Most lower rated gold players net 300-320 coins. The inform players get you closer to 1000 coins if not more, but it is very rare that you would discard one of these players. You would likely sell and net 20k+ coins.

To answer you second question; You can build as many teams as you want. Currently I have an EPL - non-English team, an English only EPL team, a silver EPL squad, and a silver npower Championship team. I also have a USA team. All but the non-English EPL team are full (only 5 positions left to make it completely non-English.

Once you play more and more and buy packs/start trading your team will get better and you'll be able to play tougher opponents. Good luck and enjoy.
How does a player become 'in-form'? By using him in FUT or is that an attribute that is static and given to the player from the get-go?

Also, it seems like selling players rarely nets the value I would expect. For example, I bought a rare silver pack for 3750 (i think thats the number, im at work right now) and only got 3 actual players and none were rare. The kits/badges and training stuff doesn't seem to net more than 150 coins, if any. With that in mind, you'd have to get about 750 per player to make up the value. Seems like coins are best spent on auctions since you can dictate position etc and get someone who really matches your squad

Last edited by dooz; 11-04-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #40
Rookie

was going to edit, just thought i'd start another post. I wish EA was a bit more clear in delineating FUT. For example, they tell you to look for rare players and TOW and stuff but they don't really say how to tell. I've surmised that TOW are the black cards. Are rare cards the ones that have bit of an extra shiny quality? One of the rare cards in my Special Silver pack was a bronze rare card. Does a rare card receive a boost in attributes?

I really like the idea of all this but some of it seems funky/unclear. Thanks for any help

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »