Home

Does anyone use skill stick moves?

This is a discussion on Does anyone use skill stick moves? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Does anyone use skill stick moves?

I play alot of fifa, generally vs the computer on all manual and on legendary - but with the camera settings (broadcast) and the overly aggressive defenders, I find it overly difficult to use any skill moves to get by defensive players. Thus, most of my scoring comes from headers or shots out of the box - rarely am I able to create the space and time to shoot inside the 18.

Does anyone use skill moves against the ai (outside of virtual pro) and do those moves seem to work?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Does anyone use skill stick moves?

I play all manual on world class and use a custom camera angle (zoomed out tele). Most skill moves hardly ever work, but there are a few good ones. The heel-to-heel flick (3 stars) will get you past defenders sometimes or draw a foul. In the penalty area, I like to use that new spin move (CPU does it sometimes. 4 stars). Hardly any players have five-start skill moves, so unless you have guys on the team who have 5 star moves, I wouldn't bother with them.

Just practice a few, but I think these are the most effective ones.

Last edited by striper_43; 11-10-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play on all manual, 20min, slow, world class, broadcast.
yes... skill moves work! but you need to time it well... you need to execute the move with space between you and the defender.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Rookie

i use Co-Op camera angle on world class.

ive used other angles, but i got my start playing fifa with friends... so the co-op camera comes naturally to me... and it gives me a better view of the entire pitch. thus, giving me a better chance to execute skill moves and better view of the passing lanes.

i usually pull off a handful of moves, including maybe 1 or 2 5-star moves throughout the match.

the heel to heel flick and the rainbow are the most effective, imo.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Playing with the default Tele camera, I use the basic skill moves (step-overs, feints, spins) quite a bit. Although, even more effective than the skill moves are some of the things you can pull off with the left stick. If you're standing still and have a good ball handler on the ball, you can do some pretty cool stuff. I pulled off some weird change of direction with Kalou today that I had to watch a few times on replay!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I wish they allowed for practice with the broadcast cam. I SUCK with the skill moves.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #7
Rookie

BrettMadden's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I wish they allowed for practice with the broadcast cam. I SUCK with the skill moves.
You can do this in the arena when you elect to practice with X # of attackers and X # of defenders. Try 4 attackers vs. 1 defender and the keeper. You can
change the camera to whatever your preference. Tell me what you think.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #8
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

No, not in FIFA. In PES 11, I use them occasionally, but still generally don't bother with them. GuiltyGamer's strafe technique where you hold LT or L2 and move side to side probably works better than any of the skill moves anyway.

This is just one of the problems that sports games have, and I think it's something the NHL series figured out. Rather than programming a bunch of "dial-a-deke" moves that make it feel like Street Fighter, give the player more 1:1 control and keep it simple. You can pull off a series of pretty complicated-looking plays just by stringing together several R stick dekes, which are themselves pretty easy to pull off. Just feels a lot more immersive that way than screwing around with a bunch of combos. And in FIFA, you have zero time to put all of those commands in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »