Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

wow i will be really pissed if the changes from the patch won't apply to already running career modes. that's just freaking ********. i have 1 game left in my career mode as a manger and it would really suck starting over to get the full effect of the patch (i didn't even sim 1 game).

anyways, from playing the game, at first i thought i felt a difference in gameplay (legendary), but that may have been because i haven't played in 2 days...not sure. the goal kicks have definitely been changed. like someone said earlier, the ball flies much higher. it still seems to travel as far, but much higher in the air. the camera barely keeps up with it at times lol.

i still can't believe though that they refuse to address elementary things in career mode that will make it much more enjoyable to play. for one, how the heck do you take out the ability to look through all the transfers made? why is the only way to find out about transfers is either through the lame news headlines or by manually searching for a player's name? why does fifa 10 have a section where you can go through all the transfers made (both user & cpu) but fifa 11 doesn't? stop being lazy ea. please stop.

another thing i can't stand is how badly they tuned down our access to statistics. all we can check now is goals, assists, games played, yellow cards, red cards and the match rating average. where are tackles made, tackles attempted, passes made, passes attempted, etc.? why the heck was all of this taken out of the game, and more importantly, not added with the patch?

last but not least, to stay on the topic of stats. if you give us access to view other league's standings, why not at least give us access to view other league's top 20s? i won't even ask for stats for each team from other leagues, but at least a top 20 of scorers, assists and clean sheets.

there are many more little things that can and should be fixed to make cm more enjoyable, but these bug me the most and i can't be the only one.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #34
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm a new fan of the series (first ever Fifa last season) so I'm not as hardcore as most of you, but I've learned a lot about this sport since 1998 WC and lots about this game. I can tell you for sure that there were gameplay changes made in the patch. I just don't see how there couldn't have been. There is a ton more time to make decisions now. Tackling is harder to pull off for HUM and CPU. Tackles now have to be better timed because i've noticed that if you run headlong into a guy you won't automatically take the ball away as it was pre-patch. The game feels a tad bit slower on the slow setting but I won't bet my life on it, as far as the tackling goes there is a noticeable difference. Scoring is still a challenge post patch. I feared the tuned tackling would turn this game into Fifa 10 which was a tad bit arcady for my taste, but I've noticed that you still need to build up and use a cerebral approach in order to score goals. CPU offense is noticeably better. I've been waiting for the patch in order to start my season so I'm very excited. I'm playing a game now on my usual 20 min time. I'll check to see if the tackle totals after the match are comparable to pre patch totals. Still checking to see if there is more leeway given on 50-50 offside calls. Pre-patch there seemed to be no margin. In Fifa 10 you could get away with a few 'missed' offside calls it seemed, just like real life. Still testing but so far I'm pleased, but I liked the game before the patch too.

I play on the Pro level btw. Slow speed. 20min halfs.

Edit: Tackle numbers are still too high, but I do feel as if I have more space and time. Also bot wing players on my team are making very smart runs to the goal without me needing to send them. Had the ball in the other teams half in the midfield and a wing player further ahead sprinted towards the goal in a straight line from the sideline. I haven't noticed that before. Also only 1 handball all game. I swear I've always had at least 4-5 in my 20min games.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 11-12-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Well, I've played 4-5 games since downloading the patch earlier today. I've played on Pro, WC and Legendary. I guess I can't really tell if anything has changed or not.

You do seem to have more time on the ball, but tackling is still far too easy and offers no consequence if mistimed - it just doesn't happen.

Game does seem a bit slower, but it's still hold the turbo button, one-way football.

Nice to see the CPU passing the ball in more unpredictable ways, but they still press forward rather than build up an attack. I saw one pass back to the keeper in 3 games. Threw in 'the other game' and saw 3 back passes in the first half...lol.

All games I played were as Chelsea - against either Arsenal or Liverpool. 10 minute halves.

EA says they didn't touch game play (which is infuriating to me), but I can see how the things I've been noticing (less pressure, more awareness) could have been tweaks to the squad file that needed to be downloaded. I remember they did that last year with the infamous 'tactics patch', which was nothing more than a roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 01:36 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 8

There was a squad file that needed to be downloaded?

I only downloaded one thing (*not* the UT add-on) today.

Do I need to hook the X360 back up to the internet again?
Old 11-13-2010, 05:05 AM   #37
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

I can't see any difference at all on gameplay, and i didn't have micro-freezes problems in my PS3, so the patch has done nothing for me.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:21 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Don't know how some of you guys can see no gameplay changes? What have you been watching the last couple of months? I mean this in offline gameplay only.

Do you guys remember how easy it was for the CPU to have 14-30 shots on you per game on World Class? Remember that was because when they played that perfect through ball/pass into their attacker, it was because your defender stopped and no matter how good his ratings, would be left alone on an island.

The patch, somehow, has made it where your defensive line actually plays as a line. You will get secondary help (without pressing the button as well) and thus the attacks can be squashed a lot easier.

The game by far is not easier on WC. The only thing is "easy" is the tackling, this is and always will be a concern. I've accepted it for what it is, but to ignore the changes to the back line and the way the CPU attack in regards to less "cheating", I'd say that would warrant a 2nd chance.

I hope someone who hasn't patced up can notice the differences. I'm not a fanboy by any means, heck I haven't touched the offline since 2 months ago - so this update got me going again, that's saying something.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #39
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

We can't know for sure as EA has not released a detailed fixes log, but i'm afraid most of what you are seeing is just placebo effect as EA has not touched anything about gameplay besides:

GAMEPLAY
You’ll now find that the implementation of the offside rule in the game is more accurate, both in terms of when the infringement is called and in terms of player positions when it happens. Occasional strange player positioning at kick-off have also gone away, while shooting from weak volleys has been improved, too. Importantly, so-called ‘micro-pausing’ during gameplay will also be a thing of the past. Overall, your gameplay experience should now be even better.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:51 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 33
Not much has changed in my opinion. Each game on FIFA 11 always tends to feel different anyway which is a good thing. Sometimes you get pressured by the AI, sometimes they hang back. Post patch it seems the same. EA said there were some presentation improvements. Can't say I've noticed any.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »