Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I wish someone (the FIFA community) could figure out the algorithm that is used to determine the match ratings. Does it have anything to do with total passes? pass completion percentage? positioning? shots on target? goals scored? tackles? not getting called for fouls? etc.

I have also noticed that the CPU players (when playing against me) usually have similar player ratings to my players (between 6.0 and 7.0). It must be that, when the other matches in the league are simmed "behind the scenes", the players all get generally higher player ratings. This always puts my players at a disadvantage - because I never sim any of my games.

The match rating this is sort of important because some of the VP accomplishments are tied to match ratings and man-of-the-match stuff ... and I would like to know more about how this works - so that I can make a better effort at getting those accomplishments for my VP.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think the ratings are not wrong as much as they don't reflect how a user controls his team properly. If you recall from the first BAP mode a year or two ago (and maybe still now, I haven't played it yet) but a lot of your rating is tied to positioning and marking, successful tackles, dribbles, passes, all of that. So when a user plays and tries to go one on one at a defender in the attacking third, we all know that it isn't a huge deal and has great benefits and not so bad negatives, the game however just sees it as an unsuccessful dribble and the players rating for the game drops. The same goes with defending, if you use your CB to track a ST running to the corner, the game sees you as out of position and lowers your rating. In the grand scheme of things, it is just that there is no situational stat tracking that goes into the rating. For us if a player scores twice and only gave the ball away a handful of times all in the attacking third of the pitch they played a great game but the game takes a giveaway in the attacking third as just as bad as if it is in the defending third right in front of goal. Hard for them to perfect but it has improved since it was first introduced. Also, for VP to get better ratings you almost have to just play to exactly what the game says you should do which is not nearly as fun as doing as you please.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 17

The increase the speed on passes. I've been playing with pass assist on, because the passes were so slow you couldn't really do anything but play ping or the long ball.

Tackling seems the same.

Runs seem improved.

I've noticed so little about the CPU that if there's a change it's not really that big of a deal.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
I wish someone (the FIFA community) could figure out the algorithm that is used to determine the match ratings. Does it have anything to do with total passes? pass completion percentage? positioning? shots on target? goals scored? tackles? not getting called for fouls? etc.

I have also noticed that the CPU players (when playing against me) usually have similar player ratings to my players (between 6.0 and 7.0). It must be that, when the other matches in the league are simmed "behind the scenes", the players all get generally higher player ratings. This always puts my players at a disadvantage - because I never sim any of my games.

The match rating this is sort of important because some of the VP accomplishments are tied to match ratings and man-of-the-match stuff ... and I would like to know more about how this works - so that I can make a better effort at getting those accomplishments for my VP.
I still think the match rating is bugged for the user. I can understand if you have a bad game to get bad ratings, and vice verse. Does match ratings not refelect how a player grows? I mean if a player is constantly getting just average ratings he wouldn't grow as much would he? This is the biggest thing I am worried about. (I don't sim any games during my MM either) If I win 2-0 against a top tier ranked team I want my guys to get high ratings. I have seen a keeper make 10 saves in a game and keep a clean sheet and have a rating of 6.6 or something. Does a keeper need to make 100 saves and score a goal to get a decent rating EA?

I thought maybe it was tied into the time of halves or skill difficulty. Anyone have any idea on how the match ratings actually work?

I have messaged community managers on the EA forums and on Twitter but still no response on this. I know I am not the only one who sees this as an issue.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just read through the whole thread so far, but nobody confirmed if you need to restart your CM or if you can simply continue. anybody know the answer?

I am playing on pro, all-manual, slow...and I have not noticed any real differences while playing in CM, and I've got several weeks and hours upon hours of building up a Serie B team into a top 5 Serie A team (still no match for Inter or AC though!)...so I was curious if I need to start all over again for the patch to take effect. TIA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Sorry I can't answer the CM problem, haven't made it to the offseason yet.

I did figure out something quite remarkable though.

Game Speed matters. I think it's a glitch, but Game Speed is a crucial value for difficulty.

Try this:

Play on World Class, Slow Speed

--- Cheating AI?
--- Teammate AI not tracking back, not challenging?
--- Easy Through balls?

If you said yes to at least 2/3 of those, then that is what the game felt like before the patch.

Since the patch, and

Play on World Class/legendary, NORMAL speed

--- Less cheating (I mean, it's FIFA, come on now)
--- Teammate AI tracks back, makes tackles
--- Through balls must be watched, but not CPU's only form of attack
--- CPU makes mistakes, bad passes, terrible shots depending who you play

I highly suggest someone try just changing the game speed. I'm working on a video right now - the game is seriously like night/day when using slow and normal speed. Granted, on normal - he pace is EPL fast (maybe faster) but it's realistic.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 8

Game speed, eh?

I am nervous about moving from slow (where I am now) to normal.

It already feels like I need more time with the ball.

But I am interested to learn more about this.

What will be the challenge to me (the not-CPU) at the faster speed?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
Game speed, eh?

I am nervous about moving from slow (where I am now) to normal.

It already feels like I need more time with the ball.

But I am interested to learn more about this.

What will be the challenge to me (the not-CPU) at the faster speed?
Yes, from Slow to Normal. I honestly can't believe the difference. You will have time, and more importantly your defense will play well. It's really nice to see the CPU make mistakes - bad passes, misjudgements, stuff like that.

I lost a heart breaker on LEGENDARY. I haven't played Legendary since the first week of this game.

Legendary, 15 mins, Normal

Wolves (me) vs Leeds (currently 1st place in the Npower, I'm sitting pretty at 18th, lol)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »