Home

CM Player Growth

This is a discussion on CM Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6
CM Player Growth

So I know the lack of player growth in CM is well documented (I'm still pissed about it), but this is getting ridiculous.

I've simmed a few career modes in FIFA 11, and in simmed seasons, some players lose attribute points and some gain. However, I'm in year two of my Liverpool CM (played every game) and this season I've had 5 or 6 players' overall ratings decrease and no players have increased. So not only are players not improving due to the player growth glitch, but players are decreasing.

And it's not due to players sitting on the bench. I do a really great job of rotating players. I had Eccleston in at striker (behind Torres, Kuyt, and N'Gog on the depth chart) and he scored two goals in a League Cup match. After the match, he gets docked on his overall rating from 71 to 70. Really? After scoring two goals?

If this isn't addressed in 12, there's going to be hell to pay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Rookie

striper_43's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CM Player Growth

I recently started a cm with Sheffield Wednesday and I've had 4 or 5 players grow a point each through 5 games and one player drop a point. The players who grew were mostly in their early-to-mid twenties (prime growth period in this game).

I've had a few Arsenal CMs that went for several seasons and none of the young players grew (wilshere, ramsey, gibbs). Though I didn't start them most games.

Now obviously player growth is broken (quite a few threads on the ea forums about that) but I think to maximize the growth of players you need to play them in just about every game you can. Also, teenagers won't grow. The growth seems to start in the early twenties and continue until the player hits his peak.

If this isn't fixed for fifa 12 (along with more cm depth and features overall), then I'll be purchasing pes 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »