Home

European Football Transfer Roundup and Implications on Video Footy

This is a discussion on European Football Transfer Roundup and Implications on Video Footy within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
European Football Transfer Roundup and Implications on Video Footy

Thank you, Messrs. Abramovich and Henry.

I was almost going to scrap this article until the two men signed off on some, let's just say extravagant, purchases. Before that, the biggest story of this past European transfer window was Darren Bent. Yes, the money was stupid -- erm, extravagant -- but an article centered on Darren "worse than Harry Redknapp's wife" Bent? Hey, I've got standards too.

You may notice that this list is a little Premier League heavy. Shame, that teams from other leagues are not running around like headless chickens with dollar bills.

Either way, let's look at some teams that just got more interesting in FIFA, Pro Evolution and Football Manager.

Read More - European Football Transfer Roundup and Implications on Video Footy
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
It's funny that you'd call Meireles "subdued" seeing that he is carrying the team right now.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
"Come on, don't be like City." You do realize that it was Chelsea that started the "Buy our championships through purchasing whatever players we desire" tactic and made it popular by proving it could bring success in some cases?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
"Come on, don't be like City." You do realize that it was Chelsea that started the "Buy our championships through purchasing whatever players we desire" tactic and made it popular by proving it could bring success in some cases?
Well said. Chelsea used the their riches to bring in a few titles, City hasn't even done that. So all the comparisons are still City trying to be Chelsea, not the other way around.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
I got tears in my eyes, did OS just cover the January transfers!?

Loving the fact that I can now be questioned on where to put Kuyt.

God bless!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: European Football Transfer Roundup and Implications on Video Footy

@ImTellinTim

I was referring to the Meireles in FIFA and PES -- while his ratings are fine (maybe a tad on the low side now, given his scoring spree), I just don't find him to do much in the center of the park-- it could be my tactics, mind you.

But yeah, in real life, I agree he's been a revelation since Dalglish moved him further up the pitch, instead of asking him to ping balls from deep.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Ah, gotcha. Haven't played either of those. FM is my choice for soccer gaming and I'm already in season 9 with Liverpool, so he's long since gone, haha.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12
I was shocked that Liverpool dished out all that cash for Andy Carroll. I mean the kid hasn't event played one full season of English Premier yet. Also a little disappointed that City loaned out Emmanuel Adebayor as I like his game and will fit in well with Real Madrid...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »