Home

FIFA 12 Gameplay Impressions (FSB)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Gameplay Impressions (FSB) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
FIFA 12 Gameplay Impressions (FSB)

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-...y-impressions/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: FIFA 12 Gameplay Impressions (FSB)

My 2 biggest Fifa 11 gameplay complaints were poor collision detection and single button defending.

I'm glad tactical defending looks great.

But I'm a little worried that the impact engine has introduced some unexpected issues. As the preview stated, they were playing on an Alpha build. Hopefully the impact engine issues will be resolved before the game ships.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:05 AM   #3
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

the AI: same 'ol same 'ol

EA soccer:Cpu AI is too linear, means DMs dont push up to attack, let alone defenders.

Pes 2011: I had RIO FERDINAND ( a rigid CB) push up and score a tap in. one of the very very few CB goals, but it happens.

EA human AI: they just don't help you enough. Next time try to play fifa 11 and let your defenders controlled by the cpu teammate AI. They will back down until the cpu opponent gets a clear shot on goal. They don't break up passes, and basically they just don't defend. Everything has to go through you and a lot of times it just isn't possible.

PES 2011: don't have this problem.

bottomline: if fifa 12 don't fix these AI issues the other features such as impact engine, personality plus-plus-plus, tactical defending, precision dribble, new ball physics, won't matter AT ALL if you like your soccer as close to the real deal as possible.

it's been there since the beginining of fifa and I thought it got better in fifa world cup 2010, until I played pes 2011 and some other old pes titles. Night and day if you compare the 2 games' AI.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #4
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I am not holding my breath for a realistic futbol game from EA. Perhaps I will be proven wrong and presently surprised. I read one of the EA gamechangers thoughts at Evo-Web after playing the game at a recent event. He said nothing much has changed as far as how this game unrealistically repents this great sport. AI defenders still are clueless, momentum is comical/ice skating and moving in an un-human way, CPU attacking AI is still unrealistic and predictable. I'll bet all teams still play the same as a result. Get the ball forward as fast as you can, no matter what. No tactical involvement at all by the AI.

phillyfan23's comments are also spot on, there is no dynamic play at all in this game vs the AI. I don't play online, but I hear this game is fun when playing vs someone who wants to play proper futbol. I can see that, and that must be the crowd they are trying to please.

This game does some things well, but without getting the fundamentals of the sport down, the rest is useless. The presentation/atmosphere and career modes in this game are also awful and at an F grade. I guess it can only get better in these areas, no where to go but up sadly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »