Home

Not enough new players added (CM Fail)

This is a discussion on Not enough new players added (CM Fail) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Not enough new players added (CM Fail)

I am at the beginning of the seventh season in my career mode.

The lack of "new players" generated by the game is ALARMING.

For example ... if I do a player search (in the "buy players" area) for a RB and give the age limits as [17 - 24] and the min OVR as [70] ... and leave everything else at the default (no limits on transfer fee / salary / the player does not even have to be listed as "for sale") ...

There are only 5 options that show up.

This means ... in the FIFA universe ... there are only 5 players anywhere on the globe who are (1) less than 24, (2) better than 70, and (3) play RB.

This problem has gotten worse as I have progressed deeper into my CM ... this is clearly the result of the game not correctly adding new randomly generated young players into the player pool.

I used to be able to build my team with young talent through scouting ... but, hey, they removed scouting from the game for FIFA11.

Nice one EA!

Do any of you have any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Maverick_SWAT's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Not enough new players added (CM Fail)

Hopefully they bring back scouting or have some kind of youth system this year. Won't mean much if they don't fix player progression first though.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I was hoping the developers would add academy teams to the career mode. Recruiting in FIFA 10 was great, but I hated not being able to recruit 18-yr olds to an academy team so they received some playing time.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm not surprised, FIFA CM is terrible. The presentation and options available to you just seem so soul crushing, like it takes the life and enjoyment out of managing a team. Can't really explain it...it's like the experience is never truly "yours".

I've never had the patience to stay 7 seasons in, I always want to re-up with a new team from Year 1 because the roster quality degrades so much over time. In a way, I guess this is the same issue as you're describing.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Is there any hope that any of these CM issues will be fixed for FIFA12?

The problem is this ... CM is a mode that you can play for the $60 that you originally payed for the game ... but things like FIFA UT require you to keep paying more money to continue playing.

So - it seems that EA no longer devotes any programming resources to upkeep / improvements in CM - instead spending most of their time with other modes.

But CM is this thing that I want to play ... and I *DID* pay my original $60 for the game ... and I think it is fair to expect that the game in the box is still playable as it is ...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »