Home

FIFA 12 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #17
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA 12 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Not too impressed but the AI.

For one, when does Arsenal bomb in crosses like that? All of their attacks in that game came from crosses except for late in the 2nd half. No build-up play at all which wouldn't be that bad except it makes players like Wilshire and Cesc useless. It seems like you don't even need a good midfield because of how easy it is to get the ball to your strikers. There is no need for build-up.

The first goal was the typical FIFA goal, speed burst it up the wing and pass it across the goal for the tap-in. Hardly any miss-placed passes by either club. In fact I don't remember seeing any by the CPU. The user had a couple that were intercepted but their passing could have been an automatic. They need to get rid of automatic passing too by the way. All of the first touches are perfect too. Players receive the ball and in .01 secs are already in position to make a decision. There is no adjusting to a bad pass because of how good the passing is. I didn't see any precision dribbling and the Pro Passing that was implemented last year is worthless since it doesn't apply to the CPU and the fact that assisted controls exist. You can still place way too accurate through balls.

It looks like the same old FIFA with better animations, prettier graphics, and toned down aggression.
I am glad someone else sees things the same way I do. I actually played alot of fifa the last couple years compared to the other game but after last year it seemed to get stale. All the games seem to play out the same and that doesn't seem to have changed based on the early videos.

It still seems to be very much Route 1 soccer to me.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #18
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

The passing really bothers me in FIFA. It's unrealistically accuracy destroys the natural flow of the game and tarnishes all the good things EA has done with the series. Otherwise, wow, does this things looks beautiful.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #19
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i think for a game this may be awesome but for me its not football at all.

i long for the day where me or the cpu walk with the ball. just hold it at the mid field line while i look over the defense/let my guys move up/make runs

this is just pure counter attacking non stop. no human can play box to box like this ALL GAME
if you were to judge from this you would think football lacks strategy, and its a very strategic sport...

this lacks defense, every pass is a gem, players make the same run/available in the same spot every time, ping pong, accurate crosses/cpu crossing only strategy etc....

for ea's target audience this is great for a football junky like me this wont work. i heard a rumor about sliders/customization thats the last hope.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i long for the day where me or the cpu walk with the ball. just hold it at the mid field line while i look over the defense/let my guys move up/make runs.
All possible on PES 2011 this year. Set the CPU Pressing strategy to 0 and watch the CPU back off until you cross midfield. Even on Top Player. It's amazing to stand still with the ball and scan the field without being instantly and constantly harrassed. I can't remember the last time that was possible to do with a video football game.

I was impressed by the look of the game in those vids. The animations are fab and the lighting superb.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #21
All Star

poster's Arena

Nothing has really changed, this game in no way represents the sport properly. The pace of the game is just awful, forward as quickly as possible at all costs programming. The AI forces its way in, there is no sense of if it is a good idea or not, based on the situation. No build up at all.

Everyone is stuck in their area, so you will rarely have any kind of dynamic play. Attacking players are the only ones who will score or be dangermen. The comical pressure all over the pitch seems reduced which is the one positive I see. The cpu still seems to just be able to run you over though without anything being called. I am starting to see a bad trend of no fouls being called in any of the videos for both games.

It may have good animations, but who on earth moves in a twitchy super hyper way that they display in this game? The spin move I see is comical. You can zig-zag back and forth like nothing, no respect for momentum or inertia. Like all other ea games, whether it is animations or movements, it seems so fake and un-believeable.

Last edited by poster; 08-19-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 05:31 PM   #22
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Nothing has really changed, this game in no way represents the sport properly. The pace of the game is just awful, forward as quickly as possible at all costs programming. The AI forces its way in, there is no sense of if it is a good idea or not, based on the situation. No build up at all.

Everyone is stuck in their area, so you will rarely have any kind of dynamic play. Attacking players are the only ones who will score or be dangermen. The comical pressure all over the pitch seems reduced which is the one positive I see. The cpu still seems to just be able to run you over though without anything being called. I am starting to see a bad trend of no fouls being called in any of the videos for both games.

It may have good animations, but who on earth moves in a twitchy super hyper way that they display in this game? The spin move I see is comical. You can zig-zag back and forth like nothing, no respect for momentum or inertia. Like all other ea games, whether it is animations or movements, it seems so fake and un-believeable.
People have often praised FIFA compared to the other game when it comes to movement but I have always felt like the movement was too free in FIFA. I respect the 360 degree movement but when you see it in action and see how folks can change direction on the drop of the dime like they can in '10 & '11 it makes me cringe, especially when people points towards this engine as a point of reference for Madden & NCAA. Spins & turns with perfect control is something you see from an elite player like Iniesta once or twice a match, not by some run-of-the-mill CB.

Nothing against all of the video producers like weepeeler. They produce some top quality productions but the highlights you see from FIFA are more in-line with the FIFA Street series. If that's how you want they want this game to be portrayed than they need to do so and stop pumping the "Football Simulation". You know what's a Football Simulation?

"Football Manager"
Old 08-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster

I felt this for years with FIFA but like always i will wait and see with the demos, I am excited for the other game more so again lets play the waiting game.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

I agree with Poster.

This is typical. Just rehashed version of the game. Yet again the unnatural movement of the players with the ball. They are GLIDING instead of taking steps. That one feature brings an amount of unrealistic value that I just can't get over. Will I not buy the game, nope - I will still buy it because it's FIFA, but it's just sad to see that with all the hype - something as simple as RUNNING cannot be accomplished.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »