Home

FIFA 12 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #41
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA 12 Gameplay Videos From Gamescom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
LOL This could turn out to be quite a year for me in terms of video games.

I used to be a die-hard PES guy until I got a PS3. I then got the first PES on the next-gen and it was quite bad, so I got FIFA, which looked and played better. I've been a die-hard FIFA guy since, but even after all the hype, these videos do show that the game has stagnated in the process it was once making. I'm going to get the PES demo tonight, and see if I like it, and if it can sway my decision to leave FIFA.

Oh, and I'm nearly 100% sure I'm not getting Call of Duty this year and instead will get Battlefield for the first time in my life. But that's another topic for another day.
I do think it will sway your decision but we'll see I was exactly like you and right now based on the early PES demo I will probably go back to PES this year. Although I will try the Fifa demo too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I do think it will sway your decision but we'll see I was exactly like you and right now based on the early PES demo I will probably go back to PES this year. Although I will try the Fifa demo too.
I love the feeling of a soccer sim, but FIFA has stagnated from what was a promising foundation on FIFA09 (just like WE/PES did after the next-gen consoles came out). Lately, FIFA has been just more of the same instead of fixing what needs to be fixed. I'm a damn good FIFA player (it's one of only 2-3 games I buy every year) and am highly ranked online, and I do stuff to make the game be more dynamic and challenging, but I still tend to lean too much on the chipped through balls and other "gimmes" in the game when I really need to. It is now like 30% strategy to 70% fast-button pushing. I want to be challenged again and feel like I'm playing a real game of soccer.

But even if PES is 70% strategy and 30% fast-button pushing, it might not be enough. I might need it to be 80-20 or better to get it. Why? Well the negatives to getting PES over FIFA are that most of my friends have stopped playing PES and will get FIFA again, meaning less known people to play online to get bragging rights from (less fun), and the lack of licensing. No Bundesliga, lack of real jerseys, no MLS, no Mexican league really hurts PES' cause for me (though I do like that PES has more international teams, including all 10 in CONMEBOL).

That said, I will get the FIFA demo and give it a go (I have it pre-ordered, though I can still switch over to PES if I decide to do that).
Old 08-31-2011, 10:45 PM   #43
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey it is really, to each his/her own when it comes to FIFA and PES. I personally don't like FIFA for my own set of reasons. However, it has a huge casual appeal and that is very very understanding, it is one of the reasons why it keeps on selling. Personally I just don't like FIFA developers throwing out that it is one of the most realistic football/soccer games when their formula says other wise. The only way I will purchase FIFA 12 is if the demo blows me away come Sept. 13.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #44
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I know it's being done in a civil manner, but we don't need to get a PES v. FIFA discussion going in here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »