Home

Headshape Editing on PC? (Be a Pro)

This is a discussion on Headshape Editing on PC? (Be a Pro) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Headshape Editing on PC? (Be a Pro)

Hey guys, I've not played a lot of FIFA 11, and I think it's mainly because of the way my Be a Pro face turned out. I'm more of a Be Myself type of gamer, so I could never get into. Seeing as I love the PES 12 Demo, and becoming more of a soccer fan as well, I want to give Fifa a fair shake as well.

Is there a way to edit your headshape on PC, or give yourself a custom cyberface other than the EA Gameface? I'm pretty decent at headshapes a Cyberfaces on the 2k games, but I can't find the tools or tutorial to do this.

Is it possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Headshape Editing on PC? (Be a Pro)

The PC editing tools available for FIFA are pretty limited compared to PES. Has to do with the fact EA locks their files up pretty tight. A lot of graphical tools and mods (stadiums, pitches) are released but not much in the way of anything else. Someone did send me a link to an editing site for FIFA 2011, which includes a face-creation section:

http://www.fifa-master.com/

I haven't tried it out because FIFA 11 on my PC has a lot of lag, so I just gave up on it. Waiting to see if 2012 plays smoothly. I have a new top-of-the-line PC and can play all other games at the highest settings, so I know it's the game that's the problem. Hope it gets fixed this year.

Last edited by peigone; 08-28-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
it's mainly because of the way my Be a Pro face turned out
Ha-ha! I started sports video gaming about 20 years ago now. Over the years I've stopped playing any game where I can't be just me -- create myself, and play the entire game only as myself. So I'm pretty much limited now to golf games, along with PES because it has a player lock feature. (I don't play Be A Pro-style modes, and only play custom seasons and tourneys.)

Take it from the "master" of self-creation: you'll seldom if ever look like yourself. I use my imagination a lot while playing. If it sorta kinda looks like me, well then good enough. Also, I create my player over a period of several days. I play exhibition games for the first week or two and keep tweaking my player's looks until I feel comfortable with what I've created. It always becomes "you" after a time at some point.

Funny story from yesterday as a matter of fact. I was cycling through the generic players in PES 2011, and came across a player that looks like me. I was like "Whoa!" So I loaded him up and ran around the pitch with him to take a better look. But I just couldn't use him, I've gotten too used to the player I created that sorta kinda but doesn't really look like me, lol.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I guess I'm sort of generic looking, I was able to create myself to a "T" in PES 11, MLB The Show, and NBA 2k10... but FIFA, my wife says I look like a troll. I've not been able to get the Gameface to work, and the regular graphics are too cartoony to make it resemble me.

I'm not sure why I've become so enamored with just controlling myself in the games, but I hardly ever play anything other now. I actually started making a custom headshape and face for NBA 2k11, but then I started w/ Soccer games and haven't played a game of 2k11 since.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't know how it is now but I remember that when I played older PES on PC you could create a personalized face by copying a face file from the game, create your face texture via photoshop and put that texture on the file and edit it with OEdit. I guess there's a similar way to create your own face for Fifa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I was able to create myself to a "T" in PES 11, MLB The Show, and NBA 2k10... but FIFA, my wife says I look like a troll.
Oh yeah right, I remember now that FIFA doesn't have a very good CAP mode. I couldn't get myself to look like me either as I recall.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
but then I started w/ Soccer games and haven't played a game of 2k11 since.
Yup, I'm on month six of straight PES, with the occasional and short-lived game of Left4Dead tossed in for a change of pace.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not sure why I've become so enamored with just controlling myself in the games, but I hardly ever play anything other now.
The less complicated the better for me these days. I don't play manage mode for example because I don't want the responsibility of picking and choosing players to sign. The ideal football game for me would be one where I could play single seasons, with a feature that randomly generates the teammates I'll have for that season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »