Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #25
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb316
Downloading is taking extremely long..anybody having trouble on ps3
Yes. Been at it since 6:10. Only at 52% with a hardwired connection.

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3
Yeah I'm under 30% started at about 620...ughhhhhh
Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #27
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Quick impressions after 4 games.

World Class
10 Minute halves
Normal Game Speed
Semi Passing, Crossing, and Shooting
Manual Through Balls and Lobs

Lazio 2 Roma(me) 0
QPR 3 Fulham(me) 0
QPR 4 Fulham(me) 1.......Played on Professional Level
Lazio 4 Roma(me) 0

Can't say that it's a lot different than the demo because it's really hard to get a good idea of how game is going to play out with 3 minute halves. That and I don't see a lot of glaring differences from how the demo played.

One thing is certain, and that is that most of us will have to re-learn how to play this game. It's that different from previous versions. The way you attack, defend, etc needs to be different.

The overall pace of the game is so much better than it has been in the past and the game just "feels" right. No more fast break route one sprint fests for 90 minutes.

More later...
Old 09-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

One more quick thing........I'm not good enough to play on World Class
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Watching a cpu vs cpu game here. Argentina vs U.S. and I'm sure what I'm seeing carries over when a human player is in control, the defenders are way to passive when the opposing team is within 15 feet of your goalie. When there is a player standing within 15-20 feet in front of your goal with the ball, you go right after that guy with the ball, you can't be standing there, 8 feet away from the guy with the ball whos in front of your goal, just staring at him.

That's the only glaring thing I see. I notice there are sliders as well. Wonder if anyone has messed with the sliders yet.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #30
He can talk the talk

Salhus's Arena

I'm very impressed. Only played a handful of games, so don't have much to report.

Main noticeable differences from last years version is that I actually have to concentrate on playing defense and winning the game! Last year, my only focus was scoring. It was so easy to dominate possession. Not this year. Can't wait to start a career mode
Old 09-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

for all those that are taking forever to download on ps3, mine was stuck on 200 minutes so I started over and it only took 70 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played 5 games online, and it's probably my inability to play defense or me picking non Barcelona teams, but i'm finding this to be too arcadey. I've had wide open games where teams are scoring 3 goals a game. Guess I just have to get used to playing contain defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »