Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 11:04 AM   #57
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Two random things, I am seeing shots from distance. If you properly close down and hold your shape, the AI will take shots from distance due to not getting through you.

Second, fast players seem to work better now. With Walcott, if I make a move on a lower tier LB, I'm by them and gone if they're playing me too close. Ratings seem to matter more now.

Another thing, if you're patient on defense and really work to hold and not rush at the ball, the AI will do some brilliant build up. I've seen back passes. Yes, in FIFA. Also, the AI switching sides of the field many times to try and find a better attack.
I have seen all of this including volley from outside the 18yd. box from the CPU. If you really want a a challenge defensively, take on Barcelona at World Class and try to contain them for 90 minutes.

I thought I did well to hold them to 1 goal for 70 minutes. They scored a second on defensive breakdown and I went Ultra Attack and they slammed home two more on the counterattack in less than 10 minutes. None of the goals felt cheap and/or scripted. Best 4-0 loss ever.

On another note, I'm going to try to set up a couple of generic CTT to see if I'm able to generate more fouls in the game. There is no doubt that this is a problem. I'm playing 10 minute halves and have already played 3 full games where I didn't see 1 foul. The most total fouls I've seen in a game is 5 and that's only happened once.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:29 PM   #58
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: FIFA 12 Season Ticket Early Release Available Now, Post Impressions Here (360, PS

they opened up the ability to work the ball around the box this year which is a good thing. Crossing from the flanks and attacking down the flanks in general, is still the bread and butter though. Also sprinting toward the edge of the box, stopping on a dime and cutting inside then taking the shot is still very effective.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #59
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

You do realize the game didn't actually start out 4-1, right?

It was a progression. 1-0, 2-0, and so on. Nevertheless, the cpu didn't change tactics or formaion at any point and the substitution they made was a poor one.

One game alone does not mean it's a trend but in the next few games I played the cpu was equally poor in terms of formations, tactics, and substitutions.

So far, every sub I've seen is "like for like".

I'm only one person with a few games under his belt. I'm sure others will weigh in.

I want to love this game. I've made it clear that it has blown me away in many aspects. But if I'm up 3-2 with 6 or 7 minutes left and the cpu doesn't push numbers forward, doesn't change formation, doesn't pull a defender for an attacker, well... thats a big problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzs K2
Your ''big problem'' isn't a problem at all loool why would you CHANGE tactic if your destroying the opposition???
Your ''Bigger problem'' also made absolutely no sense to me if they're beating you 4-1, why would they have a problem putting on someone who will attack you even more from the flanks in place of someone whos defensively minded? Man U didn't beat Arsenal 8-2 () by taking off ashley young (whos not the best defender) and putting on Ji Sung Park (who like Kuyt is defensively minded)...
If anything the problems you thought to highlight I looked at and thought that the game seems to have increased in realism, not regressed....
Just saying
Old 09-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #60
Like Father Like son

ROABS's Arena

OVR: 17

Ive played about 20 games so far using player lock in both a player career and a player/manager career both with liverpool on world class. I am really enjoying the way my A.I teamates play this season, they make nice through balls,crosses and shots when called upon. Ive had up and down games much like liverpools season so far I like how teams are persistant when they want to buy a player and will come back with different offers if you deny them. As a manager its nice having players asking for more playing time or letting you know they are happy you gave them playing time in a certain game. The interviews before big games are a nice addition also and the transfer day deadline going in hourly increments is a nice change. With the addition of sliders this year i think most people should be able to make the game play how they want in regards to difficulty.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 12

I am surprised that none of the folk who have played at BC Place have mentioned the nice graphical touch that you can see the CFL yard lines faintly on the pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #62
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
I am surprised that none of the folk who have played at BC Place have mentioned the nice graphical touch that you can see the CFL yard lines faintly on the pitch.
Nice.. I was curious about how it would look. Is the lighting different? I believe it is the only closed stadium in the entire game.

Any new usmnt faces?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:21 PM   #63
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm barely seeing any fouls. It's a bit silly really, as I think I've seen one two free kicks in about five games -- none were anywhere near the goal either. No sliders to adjust fouls, so it looks like set pieces won't play much of a role in the game this year. It's too bad because I'm really enjoying the general gameplay.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #64
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrickeeper
You guys should play with Fulham and make sure John Arne Riise gets the ball, today (Sept. 24) only though.

Spoiler
Didn't say anything for me. Must be like 2K where you have to be connected online for that sort of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I'm barely seeing any fouls. It's a bit silly really, as I think I've seen one two free kicks in about five games -- none were anywhere near the goal either. No sliders to adjust fouls, so it looks like set pieces won't play much of a role in the game this year. It's too bad because I'm really enjoying the general gameplay.
I was wondering about that. There was stuff that seemed like it should've been called (I'm not really up on the rules of soccer) but the commentator was going on about lenient that particular ref usually is. There was a free kick and an AI player did get yellow carded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »