Home

FIFA 12 Question & Answer

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Question & Answer within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: FIFA 12 Question & Answer

Two questions, would be sooo grateful for any answers.:

1: Does Messi, Ronaldo, and other elite (im talking elite!) dribblers actually feel elite in this game.

I only played fifa 11 on pc (which is basically fifa 10.4) but it felt like you could do the same things with Jamie Carragher you could do with Messi, exact for actually run faster.

Can you actually do breathtaking turns and mazy runs with Messi in this game now? Or are the AI defenses still brick walls when you get close. (I hate using the trick stick also, Messi doesn't step over, he uses his quickness and balance)

2: Are midfielder like Xavi and Fabregas, and Alonso given a little more space on the ball to really pick out their crazy super long balls?

I play on all manual, and found fifa 11 frustrating because it was rare to have more than 2 seconds to really let go of a great long ball.

Hope you guys can answer. Also any of these concerns addressable through the new sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 08:51 AM   #66
Rookie

matthewske's Arena

OVR: 6

Is the Champions League/Champions Cup competition still not available until the 2nd year in Career Mode as it was in FIFA 11? And are they still calling it the Champions Cup or is it something different this year?
Old 09-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #67
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewske
Is the Champions League/Champions Cup competition still not available until the 2nd year in Career Mode as it was in FIFA 11? And are they still calling it the Champions Cup or is it something different this year?
So far as Burnley in the first year I've played in the League Cup and FA cup.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 09-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #68
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
Two questions, would be sooo grateful for any answers.:

1: Does Messi, Ronaldo, and other elite (im talking elite!) dribblers actually feel elite in this game.

I only played fifa 11 on pc (which is basically fifa 10.4) but it felt like you could do the same things with Jamie Carragher you could do with Messi, exact for actually run faster.

Can you actually do breathtaking turns and mazy runs with Messi in this game now? Or are the AI defenses still brick walls when you get close. (I hate using the trick stick also, Messi doesn't step over, he uses his quickness and balance)

2: Are midfielder like Xavi and Fabregas, and Alonso given a little more space on the ball to really pick out their crazy super long balls?

I play on all manual, and found fifa 11 frustrating because it was rare to have more than 2 seconds to really let go of a great long ball.

Hope you guys can answer. Also any of these concerns addressable through the new sliders?
1. no, messi or ronaldo do not feel special, because i have seen drogba used by the AI doing roulettes, heel chops and all sorts of madness just as crisp. THE CPU uses the wrong tricks with the wrong people most times....

messi is clinical with his finishing but its not different from anyone else.

anyone with a decent dribble can do any trick i tried and it worked, i cant do them all but most worked. you will get a change to do your moves the tactical D for the cpu is allows you alot of freedom, thats very refreshing in 12

2. you/AI will get space to play in some great passes, you will get time and for the most part, i think if these 2 questions are your biggest issues fifa 12 is great in these areas for the USER

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Manual Controls for Ultimate Team Online?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #70
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

I asked this in the career mode impressions thread but I don't think I'm suppose to ask questions there. Does anyone wanna do some simming and research some progression issues for us? That killed the game last year.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #71
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
No worries. Nice avatar, by the way.
You'll be very happy to know I set the avatar up just for you. ^^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
1. no, messi or ronaldo do not feel special, because i have seen drogba used by the AI doing roulettes, heel chops and all sorts of madness just as crisp. THE CPU uses the wrong tricks with the wrong people most times....

messi is clinical with his finishing but its not different from anyone else.

anyone with a decent dribble can do any trick i tried and it worked, i cant do them all but most worked. you will get a change to do your moves the tactical D for the cpu is allows you alot of freedom, thats very refreshing in 12

2. you/AI will get space to play in some great passes, you will get time and for the most part, i think if these 2 questions are your biggest issues fifa 12 is great in these areas for the USER
thanks so much.

these are pretty much my only gripes.

still disappointed messi doesn't have outstanding balance and quickness to tear apart defences without having to use the canned trick stick stuff. why dont EA fix this?

there are moments you can create in pes12 with the elite players, just by making quick turns that look and feel like watching the real life players. FIFA has never really allowed this with the pure dribblers in their games. messi doesn't step over or do tricks in real life. he just dribbles, faster and tighter than anyone else alive, in fifa you get tackled every time trying to do something similar. all because you didn't use the canned trick stick.

Last edited by idrisguitar; 09-25-2011 at 02:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »