Home

FIFA12 Career Mode Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA12 Career Mode Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #41
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: FIFA12 Career Mode Impressions/Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Career is pretty fun at least as Feyenoord I just wish their stadium De Kuip was in it, as playing in the Eredivisie feels just like any other division. The youth squad is pretty nice put I have to limit my signings due to the low budget Feyenoord has (500,000 euros), I made no signings but I had offers from Zaragoza to buy one of my best players Cabral for 2500000 and I denied twice. However five games in this season and Cabral has been under performing, I could have used the euros though. One of things I notice is the lack of tactical subs.
Not surprised at all about the lack of tactical subs. Things like this need to be on the top of the list for EA. Sadly, there is nothing we can do to change how the opponent plays during the match itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #42
Rookie

j_tinkler21's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
Most of those deals would never go down.

Vidic to Barcelona?
Nani to Spurs?
Song to Bolton?
Lescott and Kolarov to Arsenal?
Defoe to Wolves?
Milner to Marseille?

Those just don't make any sense.
Almost all of these deals have happened in my career mode with Arsenal as well. In the couple of career modes I have been doing, Vidic has requested a transfer, thus a move. Nani has gone to Tottenham also, but I think that may be due to Man U have 3 RM/RW (Young, Nani, Valencia) though I haven't checked their roster. Also, Milner has been transfer listed in every career mode so far. As for the others, they don't make much since other than maybe Kolarov moving (Arsenal has Gibbs at LB, who is young and Man City just got Clichy to start at LB).

Overall, it's a bit odd, but not nearly as bad as some. Last year while playing PES 2011, I witnessed Xavi and Messi go to Juventus in the same transfer window. I immediately quit that master league.

There is one thing which I wish they would considering adding, and that is the outright removal of the first transfer window in a new career mode. Because that transfer window shut months before the games release, it would be cool to play through the first season with teams the way they will actually look (at least until the January window).
Old 09-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #43
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_tinkler21
There is one thing which I wish they would considering adding, and that is the outright removal of the first transfer window in a new career mode. Because that transfer window shut months before the games release, it would be cool to play through the first season with teams the way they will actually look (at least until the January window).
A little on/off option at the beginning would be great.
Boston Celtics
Old 09-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #44
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd also love a transfer frequency setting.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

Agreed on frequency slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #46
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Just finished season 1 with Feyenoord and finished 3rd behind PSV and Ajax (who won the double). I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it so far minus some of the gameplay aspects. I really like the feel of the career mode since I haven't played career mode in Fifa since Fifa 06. In my career mode I have certainly notice player growth especially since Feyenoord have such a young squad. In the second season de Vrij who is now a 20 year old CB went from a 69 to a 72, teams are now trying to buy him as his stock went up. I am really trying to avoid being a selling team just a Feyenoord have been in the recent years. I do wish that you are able to see previous year stats and records it seems like once the new season comes and just gets rid of everything that was accumulated.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 PM   #47
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Just finished season 1 with Feyenoord and finished 3rd behind PSV and Ajax (who won the double). I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it so far minus some of the gameplay aspects. I really like the feel of the career mode since I haven't played career mode in Fifa since Fifa 06. In my career mode I have certainly notice player growth especially since Feyenoord have such a young squad. In the second season de Vrij who is now a 20 year old CB went from a 69 to a 72, teams are now trying to buy him as his stock went up. I am really trying to avoid being a selling team just a Feyenoord have been in the recent years. I do wish that you are able to see previous year stats and records it seems like once the new season comes and just gets rid of everything that was accumulated.
LOVE IT! Very good news about players growth. I am excited to see how things go when I get the game through the mail from Amazon tomorrow. Good luck next season with Feyenoord!
Old 09-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #48
Rookie

sventheone's Arena

OVR: 4

In manager mode can you move your team into a different league once you build them up for a greater challenge?
UK wildcats
Hilltoppers
Portland Timbers

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »