Home

Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread

Great work on those generic sets Krebstar! Played and watched some games with lower league sides using different combinations with very real results. We're getting somewhere here!

I've got one done for Man City, let me know if you think its accurate.

On a side note, is there any chance you could post a full list of which teams you're allocating to each one of those generic sets in your game? I know it'll take a while but I'm sure a lot people would appreciate it if, like me, they're clueless about the real-life playing styles of lower league FA teams.

Here's that Man City set. Aggressive in attack and defense, with an emphasis on getting the ball forward quickly and with plenty of crosses fed into the box.

Man City

Build Up
Speed - 65
Pass Distance - 55
Positioning - Organized

Chance
Pass Risk - 75
Crossing - 75
Shooting - 75
Positioning - Free Form

Defense
Pressure - 50
Aggression - 100
Team Width - 50
Defensive Line - Cover

Last edited by MikeyFury; 10-06-2011 at 08:01 PM. Reason: updated CTT
Old 10-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #74
Rookie

slayter's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for all the hard work guys. I used Krebstars slider set along with these CTT and thought I would avenge Stoke for last weeks 2-0 defeat at Swansea. And guess what? I lost to Swansea. . . . 2-0!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #75
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayter
Thanks for all the hard work guys. I used Krebstars slider set along with these CTT and thought I would avenge Stoke for last weeks 2-0 defeat at Swansea. And guess what? I lost to Swansea. . . . 2-0!
Glad to see that you're using the sliders as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #76
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Entering now. I bumped Liverpool's defensive pressure up to a 35 because relative to other teams, I thought it was on the low side.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:19 PM   #77
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6

Really appreciate the work, all. Definitely making for a more varied gameplay. Question: is there going to be one definitive list that is compiled (ala fifa10)?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #78
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

I find it to be high quality.

The only thing is: Anyone who is familiar with lower leagues what to say which UK Generic Tactic would go with each team?

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #79
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Entering now. I bumped Liverpool's defensive pressure up to a 35 because relative to other teams, I thought it was on the low side.
Let me know what you come up with and I'll switch it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Really appreciate the work, all. Definitely making for a more varied gameplay. Question: is there going to be one definitive list that is compiled (ala fifa10)?
Eventually, yes. I'll post a PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
I find it to be high quality.

The only thing is: Anyone who is familiar with lower leagues what to say which UK Generic Tactic would go with each team?
For myself, I might end up assigning them randomly except for the very few I know.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #80
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Got about 6 games in with various teams on Legendary/Kreb's sliders and these CTTs for the Prem only so far.

My early verdict is that the CPU still pings the ball around around a lot. And their passes are either perfect or straight to me. There aren't enough turovers caused by poor first touches.

The CPU seems to want to play the ball on the ground all the time and get it to the top of the box. Not nearly enough cross attempts. I'm away for a few days starting tomorrow, but tonight I might play around with upping the crossing and shooting to 100 on one of these tactics just to see what the highest extreme we have is.

Those gripes aside, this game does play great on these settings. I had all variety of matches. A couple wins, a couple draws, and a couple losses. I started a Norwich CM as a manager because I haven't checked out the transfer screens and scouting yet. Played two games with them and got a nice draw 1-1 against Wigan, but then got thrashed 4-1 by Stoke after getting a man sent off.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 10-06-2011 at 11:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »