Home

Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread

This is a discussion on Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #49
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Official FIFA 12 Custom Team Tactics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
If I change it from the main Team Edit will it take effect in my already started CM or no?
Yes, it will. Individual CTTs are saved through your profile; CTT assignments are saved through the squad file or career mode save. If you edit CTT23 from the main menu, any teams with CTT23 assigned will be affected, even within your previously started CM.

What we can't do is change the assignment of tactics for non-user teams in career mode using main menu/team edit. Eg, Team A has CTT23 when you start CM; you later change Team A's tactics to CTT16 via the main menu. Team A will still use CTT23 in that CM.

Did I explain that clearly?
Old 10-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Right first post on this site and hoping for some help.

First of all, is it simply a case of going to team management on each of the clubs, and then changing the default tactic to what has been set in this thread?

Secondly, once these have been done, would you recommend using those defaults for each of the teams should you manage them? Or are these AI recommended only? and your expected to come up with your own?

Thirdly, and this is going away from the custom tactic debate, but in game is it advised to use the ultra defensive-defensive-normal-attacking-ultra attacking settings? And if so when would these be best implemented?

Quick responses on this would be hugely appreciated as got work in morning and want a good bash on fifa tonight

Cheers lads! X
Old 10-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #51
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryWolf

Welcome to OS!

First of all, is it simply a case of going to team management on each of the clubs, and then changing the default tactic to what has been set in this thread?

Yeah that's it.

Secondly, once these have been done, would you recommend using those defaults for each of the teams should you manage them? Or are these AI recommended only? and your expected to come up with your own?

It depends on what you're looking for. If you're going into a CM as your own manager that you've invented you can create tactics of your own to apply to your team.

If you are doing a CM as that clubs real life manager then you can use these tactics since they are intended to replicate the team's actual play style.

Thirdly, and this is going away from the custom tactic debate, but in game is it advised to use the ultra defensive-defensive-normal-attacking-ultra attacking settings? And if so when would these be best implemented?

I personally use the attacking and ultra attacking settings when I need to play more aggressively, but I tend to avoid the defensive ones and just play defense consistently.

Quick responses on this would be hugely appreciated as got work in morning and want a good bash on fifa tonight

Cheers lads! X
Hope that helps and good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisonial2992
Hope that helps and good luck!
Top lad for quick reply.

Will crack on with this in my thought tonight, thanks.

Anymore contributions to my post will be greatly recieved though!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes, it will. Individual CTTs are saved through your profile; CTT assignments are saved through the squad file or career mode save. If you edit CTT23 from the main menu, any teams with CTT23 assigned will be affected, even within your previously started CM.

What we can't do is change the assignment of tactics for non-user teams in career mode using main menu/team edit. Eg, Team A has CTT23 when you start CM; you later change Team A's tactics to CTT16 via the main menu. Team A will still use CTT23 in that CM.

Did I explain that clearly?
Thanks a bunch, explained it perfectly for me. When I get home I will have to alter the shooting for each of my CTT so that the lowest is around 40-50 so all teams aren't (almost literally) trying to walk the ball into the net.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:43 PM   #54
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryWolf

Yes. For teams with their own, go to that team and edit the values. For teams with multiple, just do it on one team. Then for the others, go in and choose the one you just saved. That way, it's less work and you save yourself a custom tactic slot.

Quote:
These are only to assign to the AI to have them play realistically. Not for use by the human.

Quote:

Cheers lads! X
If you're down, go with 'Attacking' and your players will get forward more often and faster. For 'Defensive' they'll do the opposite. For the extremes of both, they're the same but just to more of an extreme.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #55
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Thanks a bunch, explained it perfectly for me. When I get home I will have to alter the shooting for each of my CTT so that the lowest is around 40-50 so all teams aren't (almost literally) trying to walk the ball into the net.
I'm also not seeing many shots from the CPU (with default tactics), although I haven't gone up to Legendary yet. Interested to hear how it goes for you. I think I'm going to start a career soon using the second controller method to assign CTTs when desired. That way I can give it a go without worrying about setting everything up perfectly, only to have to restart when they patch any progression, youth team, or other CM bugs (the power of positive thinking!).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #56
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I'm also not seeing many shots from the CPU (with default tactics), although I haven't gone up to Legendary yet. Interested to hear how it goes for you. I think I'm going to start a career soon using the second controller method to assign CTTs when desired. That way I can give it a go without worrying about setting everything up perfectly, only to have to restart when they patch any progression, youth team, or other CM bugs (the power of positive thinking!).
Unless I'm just crazy, I really am seeing more shots wtih custom tactics. Lampard fires 2-3 long ones at me each time I play Chelsea and Gerrard hit one off the crossbar from almost 40m last night.

Also, this could have something to do with Legendary. Which I'm loving, even though I'm losing more than on World Class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »