Home

FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PC)

This is a discussion on FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PC) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: FIFA 12 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PC)

UEFA leagues in first season:

http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/s...d.php?t=170978
Old 10-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
An Old Trafford

Leon's Arena

OVR: 16

Anyone else here experience custom chants disappearing after your team takes the lead in a match?

I'm wondering if this is only a PC bug or do consoles have this too?

@nicroni
Old 10-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
Rookie

mrcultureshock's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't been able to play a single second of FIFA 12 because it crashes everytime I load the game. I have the latest update and all my other games work w/o any problems. I'm losing hope that I'll ever play the game this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 01:41 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well, this is definitely a great game overall. Lots of gameplay value for the money. It's also the best FIFA game on PC in many years.

A few things I dislike:

1) Origin
The software is buggy, still beta, and nowhere near as nice as Steam. Currently there is a manual update bug where Origin thinks your FIFA.EXE is out of date/corrupt due to the one 'Release date check' code that is run when you first install the game. The code removes itself from the .EXE following the first run. Origin sees the different file size and tries to resend the original install file. It never finishes installing and you have to rename the file extension back to .exe or you won't be able to play the game. Pretty dumb.

2) The Origin version is missing many audio commentaries.
I live in the USA and so EA has decided to only give me English, French, and Mexican Spanish as audio commentary options. I had to have a friend copy other audio commentaries (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese) onto a flash drive from his retail EU dvd based install. Unfortunately he forgot to copy the German files so no Deutsch commentary for me as he lives pretty far and doesn't drive. Wouldn't mind Russian and few others either!

3) EA servers go down a lot, or there are connection issues during the game. If you get disconnected you get an auto loss. In the last 30 minutes they went down and several thousand games got interrupted. I checked later and only a few hundred people were online and playing.

Basically, I think the developers made a great game... marred by the decision to use Origin.

Last edited by monopolowa; 10-05-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcultureshock
I haven't been able to play a single second of FIFA 12 because it crashes everytime I load the game. I have the latest update and all my other games work w/o any problems. I'm losing hope that I'll ever play the game this year.
I downloaded PES 2011 last year and for whatever reason it wouldn't install and play on C drive. Could be because I had the demo previously installed there, I don't know. So I did a custom install on D drive and the game worked perfectly after that. Something to try anyway.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 25

Found a bug I guess. In create a tournament the game keeps changing the settings to 4 minutes and legendary despite me saving my own ( other) settings. Have to double check before every game.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:31 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzyk23
Found a bug I guess. In create a tournament the game keeps changing the settings to 4 minutes and legendary despite me saving my own ( other) settings. Have to double check before every game.
Report it at forum.ea.com/uk/forums/show/58.page
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Ive thought of this last year aswell. If I compare fifa 12 on pc and xbox 360 I feel that the players aren't as "loose" when passing the ball. By that I mean that its like the players automatically is drawn to the ball and then you cant change direction until you get the ball. So this makes it alot easier to receive the ball on the PC version of fifa 11 then the xbox counterpart. Has anyone else seen this and can you do something about it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »