Home

DIFFICULTY: Semi-Pro to PRO seems extreme...?

This is a discussion on DIFFICULTY: Semi-Pro to PRO seems extreme...? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #17
MVP

DallasRocks's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: DIFFICULTY: Semi-Pro to PRO seems extreme...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
so does anyone have good sliders for in between pro and semi-pro?
Same here, I lost like 4 games in a row on Pro then switched to assistant passing for a few games and it helped out a bunch, with semi I could never pass well enough to get an offense going. Not sure how long I'll stay with it and move back to semi but so far it has made my games much more competitive
Old 10-01-2011, 05:41 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Started on Semi-pro and felt I could win at will so I moved up to Pro and 3 games in I have yet to even score a goal I'm not a happy Fifa player right now.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxflier
Total agreement from me as well. In fact, the more I play it the less I like this years game.
Took the thoughts right out of my head.. This is exactly what I was thinking when messing around in the practice arena. CPU just plays too perfectly, even when you're playing against a lower tier team. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #20
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Glad someone made a thread like this because I am stuck between semi pro and pro. Once I get into thte box I can't do anything on pro. I am loving the CPU offense but I just cant get anything going on offense myself. I would really appreciate it if someone could post some helpful slider adjustments to help with my offensive woes on pro level.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Maxflier's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
Took the thoughts right out of my head.. This is exactly what I was thinking when messing around in the practice arena. CPU just plays too perfectly, even when you're playing against a lower tier team. Frustrating to say the least.
Yep. I think what we all want is to feel like we are playing a real human opponent. But this year more than ever it feels like we are playing.....a computer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am by no means an expert (in fact, I'm rather bad at the game), but after playing the demo at semi-pro and winning all the time, I started the full game on Professional level. I draw too much and I don't score enough to be a good side, but I do score enough that I thought I would post what little I've learned.

1. Mix up your attacks. There are basically four ways to score: individual brilliance, crosses, passing through lanes and set pieces.

2. Practice your set pieces. I wish there was an option to use my career mode roster in the practice area, but still, get to the arena and practice things like crosses, corners and free kicks. For example, I practiced 3 -v- just the GK until I got comfortable with corners.

3. The low cross (double tap of X on 360) is a killer way to cross. So is the early cross (LB + X). Mix up your crossing attacks and cross A LOT.

4. Make sure there are guys in the box when you cross. It doesn't do you any good to send in a cross from your tallest striker. He needs to be in front of goal.

5. Sprinting is your enemy. If you sprint near a CPU player he will take the ball from you. Every time, just about. I've had to unlearn the technique of holding sprint all the time.

6. Taking on more than one defender at a time is usually a bad idea. It works occasionally - probably more so if you're using Messi, I suppose - but I don't do it with any success when using lower league players.

7. Shoot a lot, and not too hard. Basically, my rule is to get as close as you can and shoot.
Sometimes, trying for that perfect play takes too long and you lose the ball. I shoot, I don't hold the button too long, and sometimes, it actually goes in.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #23
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverarity
I am by no means an expert (in fact, I'm rather bad at the game), but after playing the demo at semi-pro and winning all the time, I started the full game on Professional level. I draw too much and I don't score enough to be a good side, but I do score enough that I thought I would post what little I've learned.

1. Mix up your attacks. There are basically four ways to score: individual brilliance, crosses, passing through lanes and set pieces.

2. Practice your set pieces. I wish there was an option to use my career mode roster in the practice area, but still, get to the arena and practice things like crosses, corners and free kicks. For example, I practiced 3 -v- just the GK until I got comfortable with corners.

3. The low cross (double tap of X on 360) is a killer way to cross. So is the early cross (LB + X). Mix up your crossing attacks and cross A LOT.

4. Make sure there are guys in the box when you cross. It doesn't do you any good to send in a cross from your tallest striker. He needs to be in front of goal.

5. Sprinting is your enemy. If you sprint near a CPU player he will take the ball from you. Every time, just about. I've had to unlearn the technique of holding sprint all the time.

6. Taking on more than one defender at a time is usually a bad idea. It works occasionally - probably more so if you're using Messi, I suppose - but I don't do it with any success when using lower league players.

7. Shoot a lot, and not too hard. Basically, my rule is to get as close as you can and shoot.
Sometimes, trying for that perfect play takes too long and you lose the ball. I shoot, I don't hold the button too long, and sometimes, it actually goes in.
Thanks for the tips man,much appreciated. Just one quick question, what do you mean by set pieces?
Old 10-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
Thanks for the tips man,much appreciated. Just one quick question, what do you mean by set pieces?
I'm referring to Corners and Free Kicks, mainly, but a Thrown-in counts as a set piece too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »