Home

How is your Career Mode going? (FIFA 2012)

This is a discussion on How is your Career Mode going? (FIFA 2012) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How is your Career Mode going? (FIFA 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Transfer question: Would you take $35M for Alex Song?

I had multiple opportunities to move him in the summer transfer window, but he's rated 82 and only 23 years old.
I wouldn't sell him yet, when it comes to transfers it's a good idea to sell guys at their peek value. Song is still young and has room to grow, so I wouldn't sell him for a couple more years when his overall rating reaches 84. That will also give you enough time to find a worthy replacement.

guaps, i'm playing as Liverpool also. Andy Carroll is a beast with headers, just cross the ball to him and he'll put the ball into the net. I scored 13 goals with him during my last season and the guy is still getting better (his rating just reached 85). Him and Suarez are a lethal striking duo. I'm gonna have some decisions to make at the end of the year with Suarez though, he'll be turning 27 and I could be getting some big offers.

Last edited by MasterX1918; 10-10-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #74
Banned

rangersfan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Started a new career manager mode as Rangers, i had started one before but now that i am used to the game i started a fresh one.

Started by getting rid of some dead wood, sold

- Healy
- McCulloch
- Broadfoot
- Kerkar

Brought in

- Murphy from Motherwell

I still have £4.2m and £30k in wages to spend and may need to bring in a RB as i lost Whittaker for 4 months.

Started the season 6-1 at home to St Mirren

My team is

Mcgregor
Bartley-Gioan-Bocanegra-Wallace
Davis-Edu
Bedoya-Naismith-Wylde
Jelavic

subs

Alexander, Weir, Ness, Ortiz, Mckay, Lafferty, Murphy
Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #75
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonira
free agents, probably.
No, they're on their team and you have to submit an offer of zero euros, pounds, dollars or whatever currency you use. After I got them, Roberto Carlos is still valued at zero, while Beckham's value has increased to 1.5 million euros. I think it's an age thing. A lot of players aged 37-40 are valued at zero, but most of them have the 'One Team Guy' trait, so they won't change teams anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX1918
guaps, i'm playing as Liverpool also. Andy Carroll is a beast with headers, just cross the ball to him and he'll put the ball into the net. I scored 13 goals with him during my last season and the guy is still getting better (his rating just reached 85). Him and Suarez are a lethal striking duo. I'm gonna have some decisions to make at the end of the year with Suarez though, he'll be turning 27 and I could be getting some big offers.
I'm really bad at getting Carroll the ball as I having crossing set to manual, maybe I should just give in at set it to semi. And I'm also considering selling Suarez, but already after my first season. I just need to get Carroll going and then I can start developing young strikers next to him and get a veteran striker (e.g. Thierry Henry) as a backup.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #76
Rookie

madmax17's Arena

OVR: 6

City really has a lot of cash to spend I kept turning down their offer for Modric their final offer was 93$ mil. Also surprisingly a lot of interest for Gallas.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #77
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Hamburger SV 2 - 0 Hertha Berlin

HSV manager Felix Schubert notched his first Bundesliga win, with Hamburger SV defeating newly-promoted Hertha Berlin 2-0 in round 2 of the league. It was a tight, cagey affair with neither team able to create many chances for much of the match. Full credit to Hertha for a bright start which saw them on 90% possession after the first 10 minutes. However, Schubert barked out orders from the touchline for his team to go on the offensive, particularly the wingbacks, in response to a perceived lack of a counterattacking threat.

His gamble paid off, as Hamburg controlled large portions of the game after the initial quarter hour, even if the break through did not come. Sources close to the team report the manager considered a halftime change of formation; however, he waited until the hour mark to make the move. On came striker Paolo Guerrero to pair with Mladen Petric in a more traditional 4-4-2 in what would prove to be the turning point of the match.

The team required time to adapt, but with Hertha seemingly content to play for a draw, HSV pushed on, noticeably from the left flank. Substitute Dennis Aogo combined with Marcel Janssen, now at LM after starting at LWB, on several promising attacking movements often culminating with dangerous crosses into the box for the strikers. In the 75th, one of these found its target, with Petric forcing a diving save from the Hertha keeper from the half-volley before latching on to the rebound for a tap-in. HSV would add another just before stoppage time through a clever 1-2 at the top of the box between Guerrero and Petric. The substitute was put through nicely and coolly slotted it home to seal the 2-0 victory.

Next on the schedule is perennial German and European power, Bayern Munich, in what will be a tremendous challenge for a team still seeking its identity. In a curious move, the HSV manager chose not to address the media leading up to the match.

In other club news, it is rumored the club rejected a €9M bid for winger Eljero Elia from Atletico Madrid. One has to suspect this is in hopes of receiving a higher counteroffer, as it is well known Elia is very unhappy with management and is yet to feature in any match this season.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:41 PM   #78
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Hamburger SV 2 - 0 Hertha Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Next on the schedule is perennial German and European power, Bayern Munich, in what will be a tremendous challenge for a team still seeking its identity. In a curious move, the HSV manager chose not to address the media leading up to the match.

Felix, congrats on the first win. IIRC you are playing on Legendary. Good luck against Bayern. Robben and Ribery are ridiculous and they will counter every tactic you choose. Very difficult task.

In my Dortmund career mode, we also got our first win over the outclassed Hertha. Lotta good young players on the squad, but we're off to a slow start....according to Alan Smith.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:17 AM   #79
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Hamburger SV 2 - 0 Hertha Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Felix, congrats on the first win. IIRC you are playing on Legendary. Good luck against Bayern. Robben and Ribery are ridiculous and they will counter every tactic you choose. Very difficult task.
Thanks, buddy. I played Bayern in one of my first Legendary kickoff games; resulted in a 5-0 drubbing with Robben & Ribery weaseling their way into the box from the flank repeatedly. I'm tempted to kick them off the pitch... if I can catch them.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #80
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Despite playing really well in the EPL, Carling Cup and FA Cup. I've struggled in the CL. I had to go in with my Chelsea squad for the final game to Lisbon and needed a win against Benfica. Fortunately I got a 3-0 result but I'd lie if I said I wasn't nervous going into this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »