Home

How is your Career Mode going? (FIFA 2012)

This is a discussion on How is your Career Mode going? (FIFA 2012) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How is your Career Mode going? (FIFA 2012)

Went with Wigan this year. Fifteen games in and I'm sitting about 10th or 11th (Can't remember off the top of my head). Got knocked out of the League Cup by Man U in the round of 16. That was a tough loss. I held them to a scoreless draw until they scored in the 90th minute. It was really cool to see them start their bench players though and bring Rooney in late.

I was pretty active in the transfer window because I like to pick a formation and then shape my team around that, trying to get a starter and backup for each position with maybe a few other players. I sold a bunch of players who I can't remember and my two biggest signings were Duff to play in the midfield and Steven Fletcher who's scored about ten goals for me already.

I'm really looking forward to January, as a couple of story lines going on have me excited to see what happens in the transfer window. Everton got taken over by a "rich consortium" and Henri Thomas, a midfielder on my team from Honduras said he was unsettled and uncomfortable with the team being so far from home. Now, about every other week, there's a news story about other teams lining up to get him. I really enjoy these touches and things like form that compel me to switch my lineup for reasons besides just fatigue.

Before that though, I have to get through a tough December. Played Arsenal in my first game of the month and managed a tough 1-1 draw. Then I had West Brom. Same result, but I really wanted the win there and had plenty of chances to get it, just couldn't finish. My next three games are against Liverpool, Chelsea, and Manchester United. The Liverpool and Chelsea games are in the same week, so I can't imagine it being much tougher. Loving this game though.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #34
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Does City spend money like no one else in this game for you guys?

In year 2 and they continue to shake things up. Year 1 was busy enough but they kicked year 2 by getting rid of newly acquired Sneijder (Madrid), Tevez (Madrid) and Aguero (Inter) as well. They've brought in Dani Alves, Wilshere, and Ibra. Wilshere was brought in for over €60,000,000.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #35
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Damn, thats crazy. But yeah, they seem to be big movers in my MM too. Its probably just because they have the budget to do it. Theyve sold off Kompany in year 1 for me, but they brought in Sniejder and some other guy I cant remember.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #36
We had subs. It was crazy

MBFranchise's Arena

OVR: 9

Loving this mode so far.

I decided to run with Newcastle and brought back Alan Shearer as manager.

Brought in Zoran Tosic and Miralem Pjanic to upgrade the midfield.

Then brought in the key player for this season, ST Andre Schurrle. I have high hopes for him since he is young, pacey, and highly rated.

Just a few games into the EPL season, and I am surprised with how well my defense is playing.

For those interested or want more info, link in my sig.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #37
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Loving this mode so far.

I decided to run with Newcastle and brought back Alan Shearer as manager.

Brought in Zoran Tosic and Miralem Pjanic to upgrade the midfield.

Then brought in the key player for this season, ST Andre Schurrle. I have high hopes for him since he is young, pacey, and highly rated.

Just a few games into the EPL season, and I am surprised with how well my defense is playing.

For those interested or want more info, link in my sig.
Their defense is playing well IRL too.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #38
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArsenologist
Started with my beloved Arsenal. I'm on 7 points through three games (NUFC 0-1 AFC, AFC 2-0 LFC, MUFC 2-2 AFC), and pleased with my team's performance so far...and then it got crazy.

Just before the Liverpool match, RVP demanded a transfer...and the Board demanded a deal get done. I started him against Liverpool and he bagged two penalties for me in the win. He also grabbed the opener at Old Trafford the next game. Finally, knowing I would lose him, I accepted a 45 million pound offer from Real Madrid and said goodbye to our captain.

I planned on playing Chamakh, so I turned down a 10 million pound offer from Wolfsburg for him; but they were persistent. They upped their offer FOUR TIMES(!) and finally, the offer of 22 million pounds was way too much of a deal for me, so I sold him. Add these two deals to the 10 million I got for AA23 preseason, and I had a LOT of cash to spend...and a serious hole to fill in my central striker role. Time to hit the market on deadline day.

I wanted to continue the youth movement of my club. I know the midfield of Wilshire, Ramsey, and Song (or Frimpong) is pretty much set in stone for a long while and I'm happy enough with my back 4 that I didn't need to spend any cash back there, so it was about spending as much as I wanted on a talented, young striker. So, we called up Santos and made a 45 million pound offer for Neymar. They refused, but countered with 50.5 million pounds. Not wanting to miss out, and having the cash to splash, I met their offer, and the 19 year old Brazilian was on his way to The Emirates with a nice, new long-term contract.

My First XI Going Forward:
Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Vermaelen (Captain) - Gibbs
Wilshire - Song - Ramsey
Walcott - Neymar - Gervinho

I'm counting on speed to be the ultimate factor for my team. We're not going to win any battles above the pitch, but if defenders are caught napping, look out. I also have a deep bench for Cup ties / League games against lesser opponents. Speaking of lesser opponents, my next game with my new lineup is against Swansea. Looking forward to seeing how the new team plays.

This CM will be my main one, but I also love taking a Championship side and building them to Premier League respectability. I'll probably get to that one soon, but I feel this Arsenal squad is going to be lot of fun.
Some serious speed on that front line. I signed Bale in my Chelsea CM and love playing some 1-2 with Bale and Mata.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #39
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

So i went a little different then some people it looks like. I started with Drogheda United a half star team in the Airtricity Premier League(Ireland). Pretty much started with the worst team in the league. It was a bad season.

I made some moves, i got a young 18 year ST from Man U(kearne i believe). He didnt pan out like expected 4 goals all season. But all and all i believe i went 7/3/20 (win/Draw/loss) or soemthing like that. But i got a offer after the season to go manage Crewe Alexandra. Decent team, and my main choice was someone with a bigger budget then my last team. So far not many moves i hav't had a ton of time to get in to it but, i have simem dthe 3 friendly's and plan on playign msot of the league games.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #40
Banned

rangersfan30's Arena

OVR: 14

Just got the game today and really liking it. Not played much console football much over the years not since the 90's anyway so i am very rusty.

Started a Career with Rangers using Krebstar's world class sliders, Lost 1-0 to Ajaccio, 1-0 to Werder Bremen and 3-0 to Atletico Madrid. I had my chances hitting the post a few times but my defending and inability to to create better chances cost me. I wanted to start on world class to try get better and used to the mode.

Sold McCulloch, Kerkar and Healy but not brought anyone in yet, Hoping to get some suggestions on good cheap players for Rangers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »