Home

Manual Players

This is a discussion on Manual Players within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Manual Players

How about getting a list of manual players together.

System : 360
PSNID/Gamertag : Lnin0
Time Zone : eastern
Schedule : nights/weekends

You can set search options to "manual" in the H2H Season mode and the game will only pair you up with other manual players. This is a nice feature but can take several minutes and often results in no opponent found. I guess that is better then being paired against an assisted player - as is the case in FUT.

It appears the manual option automatically defaults all your controls to manual no matter what you might have set prior so this eliminates anyone trying to circumvent the system.

I find there is quite a learning curve when it comes to manual controls, especially shooting which seems like a huge advantage for assisted players, so if anyone has any tips to add, please do. It has been hard for a new manual player like me to keep up but I really like the way the games play out. So far I have had pretty tight games against manual players online. It is a much more deliberate game versus the high-scoring, fast-break style the is prevalent otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

seawolves9's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Manual Players

System : 360
PSNID/Gamertag : R1v0P
Time Zone : Pacific
Schedule : Anytime

Made the switch to manual last year, so I feel like I've got the hang of it for the most part. Every now and then I let my concentration slip though and miss the open net or open man.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
if anyone has any tips to add, please do.
I've been playing all manual since FIFA 09. Only tip I can think of is shooting works much better when sprinting. Which is the opposite of PES, BTW -- in PES you have to lay off the sprint button for 1-2 steps just prior to letting a shot go if you want max power and technique. FIFA's the reverse.

I'm in the Eastern time zone. I've never played online and wouldn't even know how to set up things up for online play, lol.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OGirly's Arena

OVR: 0

System: Xbox 360
Gamertag: OGirly
Time Zone: Eastern
Schedule: Anytime; I"m a homemaker so through the day I am free mostly except summers (and select breaks).

I am new to fifa this year; I played Champions League 2006/2007 until now...I really did not have much time to game. I think I am playing with manual controls as I have all the controller settings turned to manual; but I've yet to unlock the win a match on full manual controls achievement even though I've won one or two (complete chance I think! :P). Anyway I'm always open to play a game or two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »