Home

What referee do people use?

This is a discussion on What referee do people use? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What referee do people use?

I don't notice an imbalance in fouls. I get whistled for more, but I also am much more physical than the CPU seems to be.

The bigger issue is that contact is made sometimes that triggers the impact engine, so what probably is light contact ends ups with my guy falling down. Visually it looks a clear foul, but I bet the code is still reading it as light contact, so it let's it slide. It's a pain because it happened in the box a couple of times and it looked a clear penalty.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #10
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

If I'm playing a kick-off game, I'll always choose a strict referee. I wish they were even stricter, although I suspect it is down to how the impact engine and referee logic mesh. Hope against hope EA will address this down the road.

The referee personality system could add a lot to the game if they could tune it properly. Refs from the different regions, which means different leagues, tend to have similar profiles; English refs are more lenient, while Spanish or Italian refs are more strict. This could give the respective leagues more of an authentic feel during career mode, once again, if they iron out the kinks.

I suspect this dynamic is why we get varied feedback on fouls. A lot of guys play in the EPL, which uses Lenient refs almost exclusively (Mumple!). Those who play in other leagues will see more, although it seems most want to see more called when there is contact.

Last edited by Qb; 10-03-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

A lot has to do individual style of play.

I get lots of calls. If you shield the ball or simply turn your back to defenders they tend to foul a lot.

If you are just outside the box instead of trying to run passed your defender strategically turn your body or shield and they will foul you more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

EZ Esquire stated it best...if you're using the shield button near the box while trying to setup a good look, you're bound to get fouled a lot (at least on pro and WC).

As for referees, I leave it RANDOM; however, Hayden Pennifeather is my arch nemesis and I typically cuss at the TV immediately upon reading/hearing his name. That blonde turd hates me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »