Home

Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

This is a discussion on Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #41
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

A PS3 user said they have the issue.

If it's on the PC version, a modder might be able to isolate the problem and send the info off to EA who can make a patch. Believe it or not, but modding helps devs out a lot. (Obviously it doesn't go hand in hand, they won't just sit and take every little bit from every modder).

Obviously, I can't help with work arounds because it has yet to happen to me, but releasing seems possible (I think others said that worked). Especially since the CPU doesn't sign FA's (Something EA needs to fix).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstokes31
Lol, well I'm playing with West Ham, so we're not too much better off moneywise. And I actually just tried the method of releasing them from the youth academy and trying to pick them up in the free agency at the next transfer window....they disappeared (shocker, I know). So as of now, I'm done with Career Mode until this gets sorted out.

Until then, I guess it's pro clubs.
I think I figured it out. Whenever you promote someone, they enter your club as normal. I promoted to CBs at the same time. One I listed for loan, the other I was going to give some run in my first team. The one listed for loan, when I tried to renegotiate gave the message you all saw. The one I didn't remained normal and I could transfer list, extend his contract etc.

The thing I didn't try at the time, which may be better than the "catch and release" method is to promote them and then try to immediately extend their contract. That might undo the glitch and allow them out on loan.

So it seems avoidable if you don't loan the players out, but for many teams that's a necessity. So, I'm hoping the immediate resigning will help out. If anyone gets a chance to look at it before me, that would be appreciated.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

I know people have brought up the problem on many different systems, types of CM but has anyone tested to see if it was an issue with youth players brought in from a specific scout? I know when I first hired a scout there were options for me to have 3 hired, 6 or 7 different ones to choose from and all various nationalities and abilities. How many does everyone have hired, what level are they and where are you scouting from. One of these could be the reason for some people experiencing the problem, like having only 1 scout hired and searching Southern Europe. Just a thought and could be something more to test for those hellbent (not that it's a bad thing or not appreciated) on fixing it.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
Rookie

rjv3's Arena

OVR: 0
Exclamation Re: Career Mode, Loss of Youth Academy Players and disappearing FA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubldragon
I think I figured it out. Whenever you promote someone, they enter your club as normal. I promoted to CBs at the same time. One I listed for loan, the other I was going to give some run in my first team. The one listed for loan, when I tried to renegotiate gave the message you all saw. The one I didn't remained normal and I could transfer list, extend his contract etc.

The thing I didn't try at the time, which may be better than the "catch and release" method is to promote them and then try to immediately extend their contract. That might undo the glitch and allow them out on loan.

So it seems avoidable if you don't loan the players out, but for many teams that's a necessity. So, I'm hoping the immediate resigning will help out. If anyone gets a chance to look at it before me, that would be appreciated.
I tried something similar to this today and I THINK I FOUND AN ANSWER.

All of my promoted youths were listed as "for loan", naturally. Seeing as how it was May, and there was no reason to have them as such at this point of the season, I changed their statuses back to normal and went about my season. Once the season ended and I came to the "player's contracts are expiring" phase in June I went in to do some renegotiating and, lo and behold, all of my promoted youths were able to negotiate. I signed another guy to my Sr squad to see if that triggered anything but he was just a normal "contract accepted" and the youths I signed prior still held "N/A" and were able to be extended. The ability to negotiate also carried over into the subsequent season (meaning: they didn't somehow revert to "contract accepted") so no issues there.

Conclusion: Don't list your youths for loan right away (especially if you're already past transfer windows) and by the end of the season (at least for me) they will be ready to negotiate new contracts.

I really, really hope this helps you, DStokes.

Last edited by rjv3; 10-05-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Emphasis!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #45
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

So... based on what doubldragon and rjv3 found, it appears the cause of the contract accepted bug could possibly be due to a "For Loan" status when the contract re-signing period begins, correct?

Taking that a step further, is it possible disappearing free agents could be related? Perhaps a player having "For Loan/Sale" status when their contract expires causes them to disappear...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #46
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
So... based on what doubldragon and rjv3 found, it appears the cause of the contract accepted bug could possibly be due to a "For Loan" status when the contract re-signing period begins, correct?

Taking that a step further, is it possible disappearing free agents could be related? Perhaps a player having "For Loan/Sale" status when their contract expires causes them to disappear...
I'm glad we're getting down to the simple details of how exactly to avoid this. Hopefully.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #47
Rookie

dstokes31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm glad we're getting down to the simple details of how exactly to avoid this. Hopefully.
Hopefully. I don't know to be honest. I've had players promoted that were in the mid 70s rated, so they were usable in my lineup right off the bat. Therefore, I never put them on "for loan" or "for sale", just had them as a regular roster member. Glitch continued to happen.

I will say that there have been times where it seemed like the bug/issue was avoided. Like where I had released a guy from the academy, resigned him, and he didn't have the "contract accepted" bug at the next transfer window. However, it seemed like once I got my hopes up on this, it all went to hell again when the next transfer window came around and I transferred for a couple of new players. I then looked, and the new players and all youth players (including ones released and then resigned who previously did not have the "contract accepted" glitch on) had the "contract accepted" thing on again.

All this being said, there seems to be lots of temporary fixes, and possibly even some long term solutions. I've talked to tons of people about this, and we all have had some success to some degree avoiding the problem, but all through different methods and different levels of success. For instance, some have had success with the release and re-sign method, others have had success with the "don't put them for loan or for sale" method. Both of these methods have had varying effect, with some players not reporting any further complications and others (like myself) continuing to have problems down the road.

So, my conclusion at this point is that it must be something totally random, affecting everybody in different ways and fixable through different methods. This, of course, is going to make it ridiculously hard to fix (I would think, anyway) for EA.....assuming that they are at least attempting to fix it. I'm going to continue to try any and all methods I can think of and hopefully come up with a fix-all to the problem, but until then, thanks much for the support and continued possible solutions. Like I've said, some of them work well for some people, and some do not, but none of them can hurt to try.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #48
Rookie

dstokes31's Arena

Also, just saw the question about whether or not the type of scout has anything to do with the problem: I don't think it does. I've tried scouts with all different types of judgement and experience rating, as well as scouts from different countries and even changed up which countries different scouts scouted. I'm not thinking it has any bearing on this problem (although, it may, who knows?).

As a quick edit, it does seem that the method of just never putting the players for loan or for sale seems to work for some people fairly well. The release and resign method also works for some. A new idea, in that you should have the contract over $1000 of whatever money type you're using when offering it to the youth is another possible solution. Whether or not that one works or not, I'm not sure, but some say it does and reported that all players signed for the $1000 fee had the contract accepted glitch, whereas those signed for nominally more did not have the glitch.

Again, for now it seems that none of the methods work for everybody, but none of them can hurt to try.

Last edited by dstokes31; 10-05-2011 at 05:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »