Home

Manual Shooting This Year?

This is a discussion on Manual Shooting This Year? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Manual Shooting This Year?

I guess I really suck. I have assisted on and still can't score. If I had a dollar for every shot off the post or kicked straight at the goalie I'd be rich.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 10-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
I guess I really suck. I have assisted on and still can't score. If I had a dollar for every shot off the post or kicked straight at the goalie I'd be rich.
IMO, the only way to play the game is using the Pro cam. Then you get to properly aim at the target you're shooting at. I'm guessing anyone who is having trouble hitting their spots when shooting is using a side-view cam. The shooting engine in this year's game is second-to-none. Using the Pro cam really highlights that fact.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm digging manual shooting (and I play on Tele Broadcast). I used full-manual in the past, but felt something was off last year. However, in FIFA12 all manual controls feel great. I'm having no problems with my short passing accuracy, in fact I have fewer "why did it go there?!?" moments with no assist involved.

Back to shooting, my favorite part of manual is being able to shoot across the face of goal. Using assisted or semi does make it easier to not miss the goal, but I feel it results in too many shots near the middle. I scored a great goal the other night that I don't think happens without manual shooting...

Right-footed ST received the ball near the top of the box with CB on his back. I dribbled to my right, heading somewhat towards the byline but at a slight angle away from goal to shield the ball. Seeing a yard of space, a let go of shot aimed for the far post with a quick tap of shoot. The result was a low, perfectly-placed dribbler that completely wrong-footed the GK. I need to start saving some videos.

Last edited by Qb; 10-10-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Guess I'm misunderstanding you or something because the CPU sliders have nothing to do with user shot and pass accuracy.
Apologies for that, It was meant to say for 0 for the user, not cpu.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I'm digging manual shooting (and I play on Tele Broadcast). I used full-manual in the past, but felt something was off last year. However, in FIFA12 all manual controls feel great. I'm having no problems with my short passing accuracy, in fact I have fewer "why did it go there?!?" moments with no assist involved.

Back to shooting, my favorite part of manual is being able to shoot across the face of goal. Using assisted or semi does make it easier to not miss the goal, but I feel it results in too many shots near the middle. I scored a great goal the other night that I don't happens without manual shooting...

Right-footed ST received the ball near the top of the box with CB on his back. I dribbled to my right, heading somewhat towards the byline but at a slight angle away from goal to shield the ball. Seeing a yard of space, a let go of shot aimed for the far post with a quick tap of shoot. The result was a low, perfectly-placed dribbler that completely wrong-footed the GK. I need to start saving some videos.
I fully agree on this, I believe the user will see more of variety in goals scored than what semi and assisted has to offer.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #14
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

Agreed, JD. On assisted or semi, I always felt like shooting far side with that foot was almost the only way to score. Sure, I have the occasional embarrassing miss on manual, but for me it's worth the risk.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #15
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Agreed, JD. On assisted or semi, I always felt like shooting far side with that foot was almost the only way to score. Sure, I have the occasional embarrassing miss on manual, but for me it's worth the risk.
How are you aiming on full manual? Like what are you doing with the left stick?

Lets say I'm using Tele camera, going to the left. I've heard that if I want to shoot towards the left side of the net, I would start my shot, and SLIGHTLY move the stick down(like literally down), and release the shot.

However, I've been trying it a different way. I always move the left stick as far as it can go in any direction. So, same camera and direction as above, instead of me moving the stick slighty down to hit the left side of the net, I would have the stick as far left as it can go, and then try and BARELY move it down a millimeter. So the stick would be pressed all the way to the left, and just a smidgen down, so somewhere right below the horizontal plane of the stick.

The first method says to literally move the stick down while powering up, so which way do you use?

Sorry for the long post, hope you understand what I meant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #16
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

When using manual shooting, I more or less approach it as camera relative aiming. So if I understand what you're saying, I think I'm closer to the second method when using manual. The first one sounds more like how one would aim on assisted shooting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »