Home

CPU Lack of Use of Skill Moves

This is a discussion on CPU Lack of Use of Skill Moves within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
CPU Lack of Use of Skill Moves

Hi. New to the FIFA series and a person who occasionally watches soccer matches so please excuse my use terminology if it is not correct. I already ask this question in the Q & A section but I would like a better discussion on this topic.

Is there a reason why CPU doesn't do skill moves? 1 star players won't even do 1 star moves like stepovers and 5 star players won't do any 5 star move or lower; I have only seen the heel chop and spin performed by the CPU.

With the lack of skill moves being performed, playing against Messi, Robinho, Ronaldo, etc..., it doesn't feel any different than playing against any average player. Yes, they have better ratings like speed and kick power but I guess there's no "character" that sets them apart.

I understand that football is a passing game but the CPU is getting predictable. For example, when contaning the guy with the ball that it running towards the goal, they would stop, change direction, and run backwards. Another example is when the CPU has the ball outside the box near the sidelines; the CPU would just dribble around constantly until the cross is made. If the CPU performed skill moves in those situations or at all, the interaction in 1 vs 1 would be a lot better in terms of gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #2
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Lack of Use of Skill Moves

I've definitely seen them. What difficulty do you play on?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
I play on Legendary and I'd have to agree with the OP. The CPU really doesn't do much in the way of skill moves IMO. The programming seems to be set up to have CPU players turn on a dime and psychically spin away from every slide tackle. But not much happens in the way of their using skill moves to get past User defenders.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I got rainbow'd in a match this morning by Theirry Henry . I play on WC and I see them a lot from opposing strikers and CAMs. The move I see most is the moving spin move and the ball-stop spin.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestServedCold
I have played from Pro all the way to Legendary hoping to see more moves as the difficulty increases but that is not the case. I only play a few matches a day mostly against teams with 5* players hoping to see some. I just want the CPU do something even body feints or drag backs; I have seen a lot of spins and heel chops and that's about it.

Has anyone seen more flashy moves like quick ball rolls or double touch exit being done by the CPU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

I see them a lot. It seems to me the more room you give them and more time on the ball the more they will do. Especially, when you try to box them in or trap them.

Also, I found if you over commit they will also use a move on you.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I see them from time to time. I play with Leeds so it feels kind of realistic to not see them too often. Might have been different if I played against 5 star teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »