Home

How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ?

This is a discussion on How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #9
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ?

Here are screen shots:

Top Transfers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Latest Transfers:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by ezio; 10-15-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
MVP

ezio's Arena

I simmed to the Chelsea match and they had Di Maria, Torres and Mata up front.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

My problem with the logic is not necessarily the amount, or the players teams are buying. The problem is the players that teams are willing to let go. As we saw on those screen shots, a few that stood out were Szczesny, Pato, Ivanovic, and then the combo of Drogba/Anelka because all are very integral to the current team. Szczesny is Arsenal's current and future (far into the future) keeper, Pato is the current and future up front for Milan, Ivanovic is a very key part of Chelsea's defense and will most likely replace Terry and then Drogba or Anelka could leave, but both leaves Chelsea thin up front after Torres. (They overrate Sturridge IMO which probably effects this)

It's probably a very hard system to perfect and is at the very beginning of getting to be where it is lifelike so I don't expect perfection from FIFA. It is actually quite good. Just some of those transfers, including Rooney to Bayern as well, while feasible for the buying team too often include players that the selling team should almost never let go. Hopefully in the future players get assigned importance ratings to their squad so that you see players not move around too freely that wouldn't normally go anywhere. This too would mean that the OVR for a player doesn't always indicate their availability which would be lifelike as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I think this could be fixed next year by adding traits that would designate a player as being a key player that teams would hold on to. Traits like fan favorite, team leader, future star, etc would make it unlikely for a squad to sell that player
Old 10-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

The only big trade I've seen so far was Villa to Arsenal.

Well, except for Sneijder but that one seems standard in everyones CM
Old 10-16-2011, 08:41 AM   #14
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
My problem with the logic is not necessarily the amount, or the players teams are buying. The problem is the players that teams are willing to let go. As we saw on those screen shots, a few that stood out were Szczesny, Pato, Ivanovic, and then the combo of Drogba/Anelka because all are very integral to the current team. Szczesny is Arsenal's current and future (far into the future) keeper, Pato is the current and future up front for Milan, Ivanovic is a very key part of Chelsea's defense and will most likely replace Terry and then Drogba or Anelka could leave, but both leaves Chelsea thin up front after Torres. (They overrate Sturridge IMO which probably effects this)

It's probably a very hard system to perfect and is at the very beginning of getting to be where it is lifelike so I don't expect perfection from FIFA. It is actually quite good. Just some of those transfers, including Rooney to Bayern as well, while feasible for the buying team too often include players that the selling team should almost never let go. Hopefully in the future players get assigned importance ratings to their squad so that you see players not move around too freely that wouldn't normally go anywhere. This too would mean that the OVR for a player doesn't always indicate their availability which would be lifelike as well.
I definitely agree with that. While it's okay for deals of big players that have been rumored to go like Sneijder or Neymar, deals of faces of the club like Rooney or Drogba really shouldn't happen. Very good point made by you about the importance ratings, as I think that would improve the logic greatly. I'm still worried about the amount of transfers of good players I've been seeing, but I suppose good players do move around in real life. What would really be wonderful would be if a patch was released implementing what you proposed. Wishful thinking probably...
Old 10-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12

I agree. that is why I was curious to see who was playing for Chelsea since both Drogba and Anelka left. I wonder if they could lessen the transfers via a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 09:30 AM   #16
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKasoogi
I definitely agree with that. While it's okay for deals of big players that have been rumored to go like Sneijder or Neymar, deals of faces of the club like Rooney or Drogba really shouldn't happen. Very good point made by you about the importance ratings, as I think that would improve the logic greatly. I'm still worried about the amount of transfers of good players I've been seeing, but I suppose good players do move around in real life. What would really be wonderful would be if a patch was released implementing what you proposed. Wishful thinking probably...
I agree but as others have said why would those teams let players go. I tried to get Buffon from Juve and was told he was happy at his club. You would think the same would apply for Pato or even Drogba and Anelka for that matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »