Home

How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ?

This is a discussion on How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #33
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ?

I've seen Stoke buy Hernandez but at the same time they were bought by someone with a lot of money. United selling him was questionable but at the same time they spent a lot of money to bring in Gomez and Modric so it is what it is.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Way to many transfers. Seems like EA overdid it after the lack of activity last year.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #35

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
I've seen Stoke buy Hernandez but at the same time they were bought by someone with a lot of money. United selling him was questionable but at the same time they spent a lot of money to bring in Gomez and Modric so it is what it is.
In mine Hernandez went to Roma and Kaka to Chelsea. This is by no means ruins the game because I enjoy it but hopefully they patch the frequency of these types of transfers.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #36
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
In mine Hernandez went to Roma and Kaka to Chelsea. This is by no means ruins the game because I enjoy it but hopefully they patch the frequency of these types of transfers.
Maybe... a transfer frequency slider would do wonders. Low, medium, high.

Kaka was rumored to Chelsea in the summer though.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #37
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Since Nani came up a few times lately... I saw him get sold to Stoke when I was fooling around in CM shortly after release and I read of his sale more than a few times here. I decided to edit his ratings/position prior to starting my current career. I switched him to the right side and his overall is now 87 (I think). Just finished deadline day and he did not move.

It's only one player in one window, but I suspect the transfers have a lot to do with ratings, positions, and depth. For example, when ManU has Nani, Young, and Giggs at LW/LM rated within a point or two of each other, somebody gets shipped out. It's probably why some of the other moves seem to happen regularly as well. I'm sure they could tune the way the AI evaluates its squad in a patch, but who knows if they want to mess with it.

But it's so hard to divorce ourselves from real events when evaluating this stuff in games. Provided it's not completely wonky -- as in poor teams buying expensive players they couldn't possibly afford -- I'm going to do my best to enjoy the game since I actually want to play it offline for the first time in a long time.
I completely understand what you are saying. This is a considerably improved game and I'm enjoying career mode much more than last year with the addition (well, more like re-addition) of scouting and the better gameplay. The odd transfers are only one small thing you have to deal with, they just can be rather frustrating at times. Especially with the certain transfers of key players that seem to happen every window. I'd prefer to see transfers of Neymar or Hazard and young players like that instead of veterans who have been with the club a while such as Drogba or (like stated by OP at beginning) Rooney. Still, some of these transfers, such as ones of Kaká and Sneijder, are feasible in real life. I'd just like to see young prospects moving around to bigger clubs rather than players instantly associated with their club being sold off in the first window.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #38
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I hear you, Kasoogi. It could be better balanced with more of a focus on the big/wealthy clubs gobbling up talent (especially young 'starlets') from smaller clubs.

From what I've read, and to a lesser extent seen firsthand, it seems there might be too much swapping of players among the big boys and maybe not enough hoarding as well. Top clubs should be offloading their lower rated players, not selling an 82ovr because they bought an 84ovr. Move on the old declining guys -- like Drogba or Lampard! -- or the somewhat younger guys close to maxing out potential that aren't good enough to break into the squad. Top teams should keep the higher end players for depth... that's often what makes them top teams.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:59 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure if this can be done, but why not save often and just reload if a bad deal occurs. Or do the same deals happen every time you sim?
Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #40
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I hear you, Kasoogi. It could be better balanced with more of a focus on the big/wealthy clubs gobbling up talent (especially young 'starlets') from smaller clubs.

From what I've read, and to a lesser extent seen firsthand, it seems there might be too much swapping of players among the big boys and maybe not enough hoarding as well. Top clubs should be offloading their lower rated players, not selling an 82ovr because they bought an 84ovr. Move on the old declining guys -- like Drogba or Lampard! -- or the somewhat younger guys close to maxing out potential that aren't good enough to break into the squad. Top teams should keep the higher end players for depth... that's often what makes them top teams.
I should think not! As you said, there seems to be no hoarding among the big clubs which is rather problematic. The best clubs have huge amounts of depth-that's what makes them the best. The really top clubs-like Chelsea -should also spend lots of cash on the young players from lesser leagues. Just because a rich club has a 86 OVR 30 year old striker, a 84 OVR 26 year old striker, and a 80 OVR 20 year old striker, doesn't mean they should sell the 84 OVR striker, and especially doesn't mean they should sell the 80 OVR striker. The transfers are multiple times better than last year when players never moved. However, the logic can still be improved. Hopefully this can be done in a patch, and if not, it needs to be better in the next iteration of the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »