Home

How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ?

This is a discussion on How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:44 PM   #41
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How do you turn off Transfers in Career Mode ?

What bothers me, as a player of FIFA for the last 3 years and someone who started by playing American sports video games over 15 years ago, is that I at least want accurate rosters at the beginning of season 1 in my career mode. I realize transfer windows make this problematic in soccer but the game is released after the first transfer window is closed any way. I think EA could easily remedy all this by having an on/off transfer switch so that after downloading the up to date rosters upon release day I can shut off that first transfer window and have everyone in the right place. As far as future transfer windows, EA should do what they've already done in their other sports games, allow the user an "approve" or "deny" override function on any transfer by any team if they so want. I mean it's your offline career and people like me can have it close to reality or let things go complete fantasy to their liking. As I said there is precedence already in most every other EA sports game to some degree and I think this would be a simple fix. Thoughts??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire
I have 4 different career modes going.

In everyone the same players are transferred. Nani, Sneijder, Kaka, Drogba are on the list every year.

Man City buys everybody

It appears that, in many cases, teams with 2 or more star players at one position will sell off one. Although I have seen Chelsea sell Drogba and then buy Kaka.

Not sure what they were thinking there.

Yeah I've seen the same names popping up including Gomez, Modric and Bale. The worst I've seen though was Man City who sold Aguerro, Tevez and Dzeko during the summer window of my 2nd season. Also Liverpool sold Suarez after signing Gomez. Needless to say this left me scratching my head as to why these deals were made. I could understand Tevez but all those other names just joined their respective teams. The transfers seem to get worse as your career progresses. Teams will sign a guy and then sell him in the next window. Hope they can patch this up a bit.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #43
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

This is definitely something that is easily fixable for PC players. I found the values that control what CPU teams will offer and what they will accept for a transfer request. I basically found that anytime a CPU team makes an offer to another CPU team it will be accepted.

I tweaked these values in a quick test and only 3 players were transferred for over $20m in the summer window. (Sneijder to Bayern and Drogba and Rooney to Inter).

When I find a balance I'm happy with I will upload the file for other PC players to try out.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:19 AM   #44
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

There are some unrealistic ones imo but some are also really interesting.

For example:

Unrealistic: AC Milan giving away Pato/Ibrahimovic (Ive seen both happen, in my Italian CM Ibrahimovic went to Chelsea)

Interesting: Drogba to Inter; has propelled them to the top of the table.

So theres some good and some bad
Old 10-20-2011, 08:25 AM   #45
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
This is definitely something that is easily fixable for PC players. I found the values that control what CPU teams will offer and what they will accept for a transfer request. I basically found that anytime a CPU team makes an offer to another CPU team it will be accepted.

I tweaked these values in a quick test and only 3 players were transferred for over $20m in the summer window. (Sneijder to Bayern and Drogba and Rooney to Inter).

When I find a balance I'm happy with I will upload the file for other PC players to try out.

I would like to try it because I don't like the idea of turning off transfers completly becasue I don't think there is anyway to turn them back on after the 1st season so I would like to see some movement but not the crazy ones we saw before. I still don't like that Drogba and Rooney left in your test. As for Sneijder I think he is going to go in every window because it is hard coded that way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #46
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I would like to try it because I don't like the idea of turning off transfers completly becasue I don't think there is anyway to turn them back on after the 1st season so I would like to see some movement but not the crazy ones we saw before. I still don't like that Drogba and Rooney left in your test. As for Sneijder I think he is going to go in every window because it is hard coded that way
Basically what I think I've found is that there's no decision making for teams who are selling players. They raise the asking price if they're a top 3 player on the team or if they're a star player (over 85 ovr) but I'm pretty sure virtually every offer a CPU team makes to another CPU team will be accepted.

So I think what's happening is a team looks at a player and says "does this player make my team better?" If the answer is yes they make an offer and it gets accepted. The team that loses the player then notices a deficiency at that position and goes and gets a replacement.

This is why it seems like teams are just arbitrarily selling players for no reason.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #47
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

Sorry for the double post but just wanted to explain this further. I'll simplify by only including the values that seem to affect CPU - CPU offers for players in their starting 11.

Quote:
MIN_CPU_ACCEPTANCE_VARIANCE_PERCENT_STARTING11 = -10
MAX_CPU_ACCEPTANCE_VARIANCE_PERCENT_STARTING11 = -9
These values show the number the CPU sets a number they will accept for each player. If the offer is coming from another CPU team (the values are different for the user), the number they will accept is randomly set between -10% to -9% of the players value. This means for a $10m player they will sell him for anything over $9m. The actual value will be set to a random number between $9m and $9.1m

Looking at the other side...

Quote:
MIN_CPU_OFFER_VARIANCE_PERCENTAGE_FOR_STARTING11 = -4
MAX_CPU_OFFER_VARIANCE_PERCENTAGE_FOR_STARTING11 = 33
These values show what the CPU will offer to another CPU team (again, values are different for user teams). It means a CPU will offer a random amount between -4% and + 33%. So for a $10m player they will offer between $9.6m and $13.3m.

If you put the two together you can see that the minimum a CPU team will offer for a player is higher than the maximum a CPU team will expect to sell them for. Thus, all CPU to CPU offers are accepted.

There are some other values that play into this as well. Top 3 players are worth slightly more as well as players with an OVR of 85+. Subs and bench players are worth slightly less.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Sorry for the double post but just wanted to explain this further.
Man, don't ever be sorry for sharing valuble info like this. Great stuff, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »