Home

Game Enjoyment

This is a discussion on Game Enjoyment within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #73
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Game Enjoyment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKasoogi
Well, I broke my first DS3 today because of this ****ing game. Now the R1 and R2 buttons don't work, which is going to be kind of problematic for y'know...every single game ever ****ing made. I'm ****ing pissed off right now because I don't have another controller or any cash whatsoever. ****. **** **** ****. ****.
i have broken several controllers playing mlb the show... unfortunately this game will never take me to that point. breaking controllers over a game is a good thing imo
Old 11-25-2011, 06:09 AM   #74
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, I broke my controller over a complete and utter scripted animation where all control whatsoever was taken away from me. That doesn't usually happen in The Show. I played a couple matches in career mode without R2 by bumping up the user speed slider to around 75 and than I bought my friends SixAxis for five bucks...and played Fifa some more. The game makes me so angry sometimes and I say to myself, "My God, this really is a really terrible game. Why would I ever play this game? I'm never playing again." And then I get bored in a couple hours and start playing it again. I think I'm just addicted to the idea of being a manager in a, although flawed, quite great mode, despite the gameplay issues. For one thing, I wasn't nearly addicted to and frustrated by Fifa 11. That's why I'm considering getting PES 12, maybe even today.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:19 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 1

MrKasoogi, the scripting stuff can be more or less eliminated on the PC version by using Fidel's GP Evo patch. Same with PES, Jenkey's PC gameplay patch eliminates the scripting in that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKasoogi
The game makes me so angry sometimes.
That's why i gave up on the series the past 2 years and didn't buy it. The scripted nonsense was too much for my blood pressure to handle. The only reason I bought this year's game is because I now have a PC that can play these games. So with mods and now sliders to tweak, it's possible to eliminate, or at less nullify to a large degree, the effect the scripting coding has on the gameplay.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #77
Rookie

MrKasoogi's Arena

OVR: 3

I only play PS3 except for games that can't work on a console or are far better on a computer (Civilization, Portal, Football Manager) This is for two reasons. First, in general I enjoy games more on a console. The big screen, the sound, all that adds to the immersion, which is especially key to the enjoyment of sports games. Second, and even more important, is that, with my father being the breadwinner of the family, his money buys the computers and because he constantly has to work with media in the course of his occupation, it is far better for him to use Macintosh computers, given their propensity for greater ease artistic expression. Fancy way of saying my parents are Apple fanboy hipsters, quite common in the Twin Cities. Therefore, I have a Macbook. I'm too lazy to Google, so two questions. Is there a version of Fifa for Macs? (I believe there is, however, I am not sure, and as mentioned above, laziness beats inquisitiveness.) And if there is, are mods made by Fidel and such for Fifa on this platform?
Old 11-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #78
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

scripted stuff doesnt bother me too much, i agree it can be over the top. but like i said, if you are breaking controllers over a game, it is a good thing. as you can see you keep getting drawn back into the game lol. i think im just too used to robo qb from ncaa football to even care anymore about ea games and how unnatural the game play can be.

i just wish they could make games as challenging as the show but still make it feel natural. i dunno its hard to explain, that game will raise my blood pressure to the point that i can only play one game a day. one second im im blowing a gasket and the next im jumping for joy, it just toys with my emotions.

someday ea will make a game like it, someday
Old 11-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #79
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
I've played PES for 8 years now, but this is the first year when I actually haven't enjoyed playing it very much.

The AI is good but as the defending team, standing tackles are very difficult to make, and when you attack, the CPU's strikers chase back like madmen into their own defensive third, which makes attacking play very difficult.

I have played PES on the hardest difficulty level for years, but this year I am struggling to win many games on the third hardest difficulty level and it's infuriating. Not that I can't win, but the manner of the computer scoring 'when it wants to'.

Now I've never been a good FIFA player, but I have found sliders that are giving me realistic results and a good amount of enjoyment on Professional difficulty. I wish the CPU had more shots but that's the only real complaint. Plus I can play as Leeds United
Old 11-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #80
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
i just wish they could make games as challenging as the show but still make it feel natural. i dunno its hard to explain, that game will raise my blood pressure to the point that i can only play one game a day. one second im im blowing a gasket and the next im jumping for joy, it just toys with my emotions.
I used to get so angry and frustrated with The Show but in the best way possible. The sheer excitement of scoring the winning runs or getting that final K in the 9th inning is unmatched in sports gaming IMO.

The tension that can build up is unbelievable, up to the point when you know a certain pitcher is coming to the mound, you know you hate facing him, and your hands get sweaty, the heart pounds, you know you can't hit high fastballs (just me? Oh, ok.....) and you are just fighting to survive let alone hit home runs.

FIFA's AI leaves a lot to be desired, because even though they have done player individuality much better this year, that doesn't mean anything if the AI plays the same way.

They hardly ever try any long balls if they have tall strikers, it's just the same patterns of play nearly all the time. Fortunately there is so much to like about the game that you can forgive that slightly. PES has no excuse to not get the gameplay right IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »