Home

Wayne Rooney demands immediate transfer!

This is a discussion on Wayne Rooney demands immediate transfer! within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3

So I'm going along into my 2nd season CM with Man U and wham on Jan. 25 2013 Wayne Rooney demands to be transferred before the window closes. My board forces me to sell him.

My game is saved and Jan. 20th and Rooney is perfectly happy. From 1 day to the next he just decides to leave. His morale is still in the green so I'm at a loss as to why all of sudden he demands to leave. I've tried extending his contract and everytime on Jan 25th he demands to leave.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to keep him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Wayne Rooney demands immediate transfer!

I got this in the January Window of my first season. Granted I was in 5th at the time... No worries though sold his *** for 51 million pounds. Got Neymar as his replacement. The board did let me choose if I wanted to keep him though. I had already accept Madrid's bid though.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJayzGo
He does have a family to feed after all. And a barber to pay off.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
He does have a family to feed after all. And a barber to pay off.
Possibly some bets that his dad and uncle made in the Spanish league that they didn't pay off as well.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

A few suggestions.

Reload. It may take several reloads but I had the same experience with Messi. Reload several times (6) and then the news stated that he wanted to leave but an injury was going to keep him there. Though, he was not and was never injured.

Just play it out. The game seems to be programed for these random reactions by the big stars. I also played it out (simmed through transfer season) before I did the reload thing.
Once, I received no request so he ended up staying.
Once I stalled long enough through transfer period that he stayed.
Tried to praise him through the press and he stayed. Though I also did not get any offers one time.
Once I saw the results could be random I decide to reload. I was about to give up when it finally said he was hurt and would stay.

I was also going to try and renegotiate his contact but did not get around to it.

It seems to be part of the game and I only assume that there has to be a way to keep the player. What is the point of playing this game if your best players are all going to leave and there is nothing you can do about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Rookie

At this point there doesn't seem to be any way around it. I tried signing him to a ridiculous contract, he accepted and 2 days later on the 25th he still demanded to be sold. Tried reloading at least 15-20 times and I just can't avoid it from it happening.

I always get offers from Barca and Real Madrid and refuse them but on deadline day my Board sells him for around $40M. Real made an $89M offer which I'll probably just end up taking and go after Messi.

What's annoying is the fact that his status goes from 'very happy' to wanting to leave in 1 day. I could understand if his morale was low or I wasn't playing him but it's just completely random. Hopefully the patch adresses this as Messi and Rooney shouldn't be requesting transfers in your 1st or 2nd season.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJayzGo
At this point there doesn't seem to be any way around it. I tried signing him to a ridiculous contract, he accepted and 2 days later on the 25th he still demanded to be sold. Tried reloading at least 15-20 times and I just can't avoid it from it happening.

I always get offers from Barca and Real Madrid and refuse them but on deadline day my Board sells him for around $40M. Real made an $89M offer which I'll probably just end up taking and go after Messi.

What's annoying is the fact that his status goes from 'very happy' to wanting to leave in 1 day. I could understand if his morale was low or I wasn't playing him but it's just completely random. Hopefully the patch adresses this as Messi and Rooney shouldn't be requesting transfers in your 1st or 2nd season.

Maybe the coach sexually assaulted his girlfriend in those two days.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm sure it's annoying for you but I think this is great lol. Would love more things like this in franchise modes in other games. Not too often though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »