Home

MLS team in Italy: MM cash question

This is a discussion on MLS team in Italy: MM cash question within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
MLS team in Italy: MM cash question

hey guys, since the north american cup situation stinks, I decided to move Phila Union to Serie B to have access to more cups and such. my question is this, has anyone done a MM like this, and would your funds increase as you progress up to Serie A (for example) to remain competitive with free agents/signing your progressing players? the Union starting budget was like $1.5 million fwiw (and if it could eventually, as in like 3-4 seasons, be closer to $8-9 million that would be cool IMO), and by winning my 1st Copa match I got a whopping $60,000 increase. barely enough to get a youth academy player!

I'd hate to "waste" my time playing every game (already 13 games in and in 2nd place) to get promoted, just to have a low to mid-level team for the life of the MM.

I usually play a MM with Bayern Munchen at some point too, but their crazy high budget isn't a whole lot of fun either! or is the best bet to not play with the team I want, just to have a decent budget to remain competitive as the MM progresses?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLS team in Italy: MM cash question

you will get more money, but not always a lot or enough compared to other Serie A teams. On FIFA 11 I started with Tours FC in Ligue 2, and i got promoted the first yr, barely stayed in the 2nd, and then finished 3rd overall the 3rd yr. At that point, I didnt have near enough money. The problem wasnt the transfer money, but the wages. You can reallocate it thru 'budget reallocation', but then when i felt like I had a good amount for game wage, i couldnt even attempt to buy high quality players. IDK how it is this yr, but this is what Ive learned from last yrs game.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

i did something similiar, except instead of moving mls team i just took over dagenham which is in npower league 2. i was getting similiar pay outs in early round and low cups in general. however in fa cup, i got 1.4 mil when i won in the semi finals and 1.4 mil when i lost in the finals. i also lost in the league cup finals, but i think the payout was around 400k if i remember correctly.

i just started my second season with the club and moved up to npower league 1, so i have access to more tournaments. initial season i started with a 400k budget and in the second season i started with 4 mil, however i made 3 mil of it from winning in the cups.

edit:
im building my team up through scouting players, i keep the ones i want and selling the ones i dont need. easy way to build depth and making money imo.

Last edited by eyeamg0dly; 10-21-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
Rookie

oh okay...I see how it is. I am at the top of the table (barely) and managed to sneak into the semis for the national cup, so I should be seeing some nice $ there.

I signed a ton of kids to the academy, but so far I have not had a nibble on a sale or loan for them. hopefully the offseason can produce a bit more once I get there.

last year I fought through about 4-5 seasons with leeds united earning promotions and eventually claiming the EPL title (bunch of mid level prospects that could either run for days or shoot the ball through a brick wall...worked out well actually)...just to be stuck with the same budget. I'll probably do the same here (as a Union fan), but eventually move into the bundesliga to play with FCB like I usually do! too many skilled players in this game not to have some fun with them
Old 11-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
Rookie

UPDATE!
just thought you guys might like to hear how this panned out. I ended up clinging to the Serie B title (by 2 points!), and I managed to have a few lucky bounces go my way and I actually held on for dear life on defense as I squeaked out the Coppa Italia cup vs Roma!

so...after going through the offseason (and not getting any notices), I started year 2 by staying with Philly (where they DID NOT mention the transfer budget on the contract screen. had 6 other offers, complete with financial info though, so that was interesting)...and TA-DAA! my transfer budget was $14.9 million!

so there that is! don't know if that is the new starting point, or if that was laden with bonuses. either way, rather than blowing it one just one player, I grabbed 4 players in the low to mid 70s to strengthen (hopefully) every part of the pitch (GK, RB, RM, and a ST). these four guys also earned a team rating increase from 3 to 3 1/2 stars. not a bad first year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

you moved the Philadelphia Union to Italy? How'd you do this?
Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
Rookie

oh crud I forgot exactly. it is somewhere during the setup of the MM itself, you swap your team with a team in the league you want to be in. it was easy IIRC...hopefully someone checks this out and replies, but I'll check it out later when I get a chance
Old 11-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
Y.N.W.A

Rexis's Arena

OVR: 25

I came across an option to swap teams when I was beginning my MM too. I paid it no mind, but it's definitely in the game.

LiverpoolFC Atlanta Falcons Atlanta Hawks Atlanta Braves Kobe Bryant

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »